The Boss Board Online Community

Full Version: has anyone heard or listened to r-mean? (READ)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
there's another dope armenian mc other than one-2 and thats r-mean.
I just got done listening to his first album Broken water and it's dope. He got great lyrics, flow and a fine delivery. He sounds and raps different from one and comes off a bit more underground due to him not really having any catchy tunes like one-2 sometimes be having but subject matter wise, one and r-mean are about the same. Ironically one and r-mean has some history with each other, one-2 used to fuck with r and his peeps at penagon but then they had a little falling out with each other and if u listened to track 7 (move along) off the high school dropout, uno took at shot at r-mean ( quote "penagon back in the day u were my people but i reloaded like matrix the sequel"), but back in late 06' one and r-mean squashed it so i guess their cool still, i hope. Anyhow with that said a Here's a few videos of r-mean, first is one of my favorite tracks off broken water labrats, second is him spitting acappella and his music video "hate me". Check him out and judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEcqBGewYMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7J70U3pZIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg44UTdJQg8
I've never really listened to R-Mean but there are a couple songs by him that i saw on YouTube a while back (They have been deleted for some reason) and they said that they were "R-Mean Feat. One-2", when i listen to them i can never here One-2 though (Maybe there voices are very similair) but those songs are:

Fruits Of Life
Denial
The Sum

Theres 1 more but i dont remember the title right now, does anyone know if One-2 is actullay on those songs or did the person who posted them just mess up. Thanks for any help..
(07-13-2010, 12:18 PM)509 Finest link Wrote:I've never really listened to R-Mean but there are a couple songs by him that i saw on YouTube a while back (They have been deleted for some reason) and they said that they were "R-Mean Feat. One-2", when i listen to them i can never here One-2 though (Maybe there voices are very similair) but those songs are:

Fruits Of Life
Denial
The Sum

Theres 1 more but i dont remember the title right now, does anyone know if One-2 is actullay on those songs or did the person who posted them just mess up. Thanks for any help..

damn it's about time someone responded to this lol. Well 509 if you haven't heard any r-mean solo records then it would be hard for you to differentiate their voices. R-Mean is dope!! Just wanted to get that out of the way. Go listen to his album broken water i'm telling you it's one of the most lyricially & muscially slept on albums ever. Not one bad track on that album real talk. But anyways 509 the first verse you hear on denial is by one-2 and he's on the first half of the chorus and then r-mean's verse is second. Then its one-2 second verse followed by the second verse from r-mean. One-2 has a slightly softer voice than r-mean and that track was made back in 2003. The name of the other track they did is called "No Stress". Ok i hope that helped and forreal r-mean is one of the illest i just not to long ago got into him def a underrated mc just like one-2.
oh yeah that fruits of life track is real. It's r-mean feat. one-2 & capital z. I don't remember if one-2's verse was the second or third it's one of those. I've never heard the sum tho so i don't know about that track.
(07-23-2010, 07:50 AM)g-kal2010 link Wrote:[quote author=509 Finest link=topic=3793.msg274463#msg274463 date=1279041535]
I've never really listened to R-Mean but there are a couple songs by him that i saw on YouTube a while back (They have been deleted for some reason) and they said that they were "R-Mean Feat. One-2", when i listen to them i can never here One-2 though (Maybe there voices are very similair) but those songs are:

Fruits Of Life
Denial
The Sum

damn it's about time someone responded to this lol. Well 509 if you haven't heard any r-mean solo records then it would be hard for you to differentiate their voices. R-Mean is dope!! Just wanted to get that out of the way. Go listen to his album broken water i'm telling you it's one of the most lyricially & muscially slept on albums ever. Not one bad track on that album real talk. But anyways 509 the first verse you hear on denial is by one-2 and he's on the first half of the chorus and then r-mean's verse is second. Then its one-2 second verse followed by the second verse from r-mean. One-2 has a slightly softer voice than r-mean and that track was made back in 2003. The name of the other track they did is called "No Stress". Ok i hope that helped and forreal r-mean is one of the illest i just not to long ago got into him def a underrated mc just like one-2.
[/quote]

I appeciate the help homie, im gonna listen to those tracks again right now and see if i can catch the difference in there voices. im gonna definetly check out that "Broken Water" project, ive heard a few songs from R-Mean and he sounds like a deep, lyrical dude and thats what i like in an MC.

I actullay dont have that "No Stress" track, is there anyway you could post a download link??
Good looking out on this rodger. Didnt even know he was on the wake up show.
he leaked this recently on his twitter

Headed for the light.

http://www.limelinx.com/files/fffd2a2d11...d002078d50