The Boss Board Online Community

Full Version: what albums have u gotten or will get of 2010?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i don't know if someone already asked this, but the only good albums i gotten this year were that b.o.b. album, little brother leftback and that 9th wonder/murs album fornever.

now as for the rest of this year, here is a list of cds that i'll either get or checkout.

reflection eternal - revolutions per minute, that comes out tuesday.
nas & damian marley - distant relatives, which comes out on tuesday too.
the game - red album
joell ortiz - free agent
eminem - recovery (why not)
t.i. - king uncaged
chamillionaire - venom
j. cole - the blow up
one-2 - history & destiny ep
crooked i - million dollar story (of course!) (if it comes out)
slaughterhouse second album (if it comes out)
jay electronica - act III (the official debut lp) (if it comes out)
bun b - trill og
lupe fiasco - lasers (if it comes out)
nipsey hussle - south central state of mind
jay rock - follow me home (if it comes out)
mykestro - falling on deaf ears (if it comes out)
common - the believer
and the horse shoe gang second album, if it comes out this year.

and albums i'll check out cause i don't want to spend my money on it if i don't like it.

kanye west - good as job (dj premier is working on it and said that this lp will be nothing but hard beats and rhymes and if that's true then great!)

drake - thank me later (i've always had my doubts on dude ever since that so far gone mixtape, lyrically not as good as his previous work before, but maybe drake will surprise me and have some dope tracks on his album so i give it a listen and see what he got.)

mickey factz - the new museum (i got a couple of his mixtapes and the brother can rhyme his ass off but i'm a lil sketchy about him after listening to that dark phoenix alpha ep with all that rock shit, i didn't enjoy it too much.  I'll check out his album when it comes out and see what he got to offer musicially on a full-length lp.)

joe budden - the great escape (i'm not that much of a joe budden fan but i'll check him out anyway!)

thats about it for me. So what albums are any of u guys getting this year?
I'd agree that the Little Brother, Murs/9th and B.o.B album are probably the only albums I've really checked for this year. None of them were as good as I'd hoped they'd be but they were solid releases.

I'm looking forward to the J. Cole album. I thought the "Warm Up" was really dope so that's pretty much at the top of my list this year.

If Common goes more back to his "Be" style I'll definitely be checking for that too. Lupe, Kanye and Slaughterhouse (group and solo) are the other main ones I'm looking forward to as well. On the R&B side of things, I think Foreign Exchange are dropping their third album towards the end of the year too.

I normally check out Game's albums for the production but from what I've heard off of R.E.D. so far has been wack so I'm not excited about that. Probably will check it out for the same reason as I will do for Drake - just to see what the hype's about.

By the way g-kal, if you're a 9th Wonder fan you may wanna keep an eye open for the David Banner and 9th Wonder project. I'm not sure when it's coming out but from the two leaks I've heard so far ("Slow Down" and "Strange") it's sounding promising.
almost everything u will get, but also paposoe nacirema dream(if it comes out) Detox..if
crooked i's ep's etc, nas & damian
(01-14-1974, 05:38 AM)Oh Genius link Wrote:By the way g-kal, if you're a 9th Wonder fan you may wanna keep an eye open for the David Banner and 9th Wonder project. I'm not sure when it's coming out but from the two leaks I've heard so far ("Slow Down" and "Strange") it's sounding promising.

somehow i missed that. Will definitely check that out for sure and i am a 9th wonder fan so good looking on that
(05-15-2010, 05:23 AM)Oh Genius link Wrote:If Common goes more back to his "Be" style I'll definitely be checking for that too.
yeah i read that the believer will lean in the "be" direction.

oh i forget to say that i'll check out 2 other albums, lloyd banks hunger for more 2 and the gza's liquid swords 2 (and yes the rza will produce most of the album.) i know the gza's release won't top the first liquid sword but it could turn out to be a good ass album regardless.
good list of albums, all worth getting.
where can i find a list of all the albums coming out this year?? lol

the ones ive got so far in 2010 are:

Brother Ali- Us (pretty dope, recommend it)
BK-One- Radio Do Cannibal (also recommended, a lot of good features)
Fashawn- Boy Meets World (DEFINITELY recommended, your missing out if you havent check this out)
Bone Thugs N Harmony- UNI-5 (honestly disappointed with the potential of all 5 members back together, not the same as they used to be.  production was pretty weak and it was overall a big let down)

next up is reflection eternal and nas & damian marley on tuesday
OH SHIT HOW DID I FORGET! im DEFINITELY pickin up my big homie SHAD's album TSOL on may 25th!! cant fuckin wait, dopest canadian rapper and one of the best rappers in the game hands down.  if anyone wants to check him out heres his single from the album "yaa i get it"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Moge_dQPeUhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Moge_dQPeU[/youtube]

support real hip hop!
S.H., Lazers, and possibly Recovery. Kayne's last two were God awful.
(05-15-2010, 10:07 PM)ThaHolyChronic link Wrote:where can i find a list of all the albums coming out this year?? lol

the ones ive got so far in 2010 are:

Brother Ali- Us (pretty dope, recommend it)
BK-One- Radio Do Cannibal (also recommended, a lot of good features)
Fashawn- Boy Meets World (DEFINITELY recommended, your missing out if you havent check this out)

Co sign all these 3!

Looking forward to;

Ice Cube - I am the West
Eminem - Recovery
Chamillionaire - Venom
Rhymefest - El Che
The Game - R.E.D (bad feeling about this one, im still gonna buy though)

And of course all SH members if they ever drop.