The Boss Board Online Community

Full Version: Distant Relatives ----> opinions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Contemplating on whether or not to stop by Best Buy today to pick it up..  I rarely buy CDs anymore... unless it's either a) a classic from back in the day,  or b) some kinda ground-breaking, monumental release, or  c) that dopeness that im constantly craving..    Last time i can recall buying a cd was OB4CL2, then right before that was the SH lp.. apart from that, any other lp that i bought was from the early-mid 90's in order to add to my collection of classics.  So far, Distant Relatives seems pretty solid, not sure yet if it's "ground-breaking" like alot of ppl like to label it as, but only time will tell.. but they def accomplished the main objective, as far as the powerful message it concerned.  My fav track is prob "strong will survive".  Either way, big props to them for putting something like this together despite very little support from the damned radio, including all the effort they put into touring.      \ /   
i just picked it up, im gona bump it on the way to work tommorow and ill get back to u.
check that... im half way through the album right now and i can say DEFINITELY pick this up.  the culture clash of hip hop and reggae is beautiful together and nas sounds inspired as ever.  production is on point with a nice mix of reggae drums and hip hop horns and claps.  two thumbs up lol
Thx, good lookin out!    1   
Picked this up also. Im digging it a lot. Basically a fan of anyone from the Marley family. I like the instrumentals they used for this album. Also another new realease that I picked up that i think is worth while is the new Reflections Eternal. Talib Kweli and DJ Hi-Tek, its called Revolutions Per Minute.
its worth it for patients and strong with continue alone
(05-24-2010, 10:32 AM)©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link Wrote:Picked this up also. Im digging it a lot. Basically a fan of anyone from the Marley family. I like the instrumentals they used for this album. Also another new realease that I picked up that i think is worth while is the new Reflections Eternal. Talib Kweli and DJ Hi-Tek, its called Revolutions Per Minute.

wasnt feelin the RE cd as much as i thought i would. not bad but nothin special
(05-25-2010, 06:46 PM)ThaHolyChronic link Wrote:[quote author=©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link=topic=3834.msg272502#msg272502 date=1274715144]
Picked this up also. Im digging it a lot. Basically a fan of anyone from the Marley family. I like the instrumentals they used for this album. Also another new realease that I picked up that i think is worth while is the new Reflections Eternal. Talib Kweli and DJ Hi-Tek, its called Revolutions Per Minute.

wasnt feelin the RE cd as much as i thought i would. not bad but nothin special
[/quote]

Yea its nothing TOO special, but still a breath of fresh air from all the radio shit. I swear if I hear one more Gucci or Young Money track im going to lose it! The first RE is one of my favorite albums of all time though. Talib has got some major skills and talks that real shit. Plus Hi-Tek is from my home state so I gotta show some love for that man.
classic material in my opinion
listened to it once throughly once.  its ok thus far.