The Boss Board Online Community

Full Version: Official Slaughterhouse "welcome to: Our House" Thread (Now Available)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
its a good album, i had my reservations but the tracks do grow on you, the ones that stand out in no order are:

Flip a bird
Goodbye
Asylum
park it sideways
Our way

but ive only gone over it a few times, i like that fact its different to the mixtape so we got the best of both worlds!
personally i wish there was just 1 track where Em goes in hard too.

Not bad overall, very well put together......
Eminem really pussied out on this CD as far as rapping....guess he knew he can't hang with Crook.

look at how Crooked outshined everyone on 2.0 boys with "just" 16 bars Big Grin
I haven't listened to it enough to give a real review, but I will say I'm enjoying it almost the whole way through. Yeah, the production does have a more mainstream sound to it, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because all four dudes make it work for them. For the most part I don't think the beats dictated the content and they certainly didn't dumb down their lyrics. It just seems like the content is just a bit more varied and that may very well be because these four dudes after struggling in the music biz for so long are finally having some success and, also, they're all grown men. They're not kids anymore and so much of hip hop is a 15 - 25 year old male fantasy world.

I also want to say that on the album and mixtape they really sound like a "group" and not just four solo artists doing posse cuts. Not to say that they weren't a group before on their debut or the EP, but I think the 4 of them spending all this time together in the last few years has really allowed them get comfortable with each other. It seems like they're less focused on competing with one another and more focused on making a solid album as a team, similar to the Bad Meets Evil EP. And I'm not saying I don't enjoy listening to the four of them trying to one-up each other (because I do and it's fun for us hardcore fans to get on these boards and compare their lyrics or flow or whatever), but I don't think that would work on a major label album.

I really feel like Eminem was a positive influence on Slaughterhouse and did what a good executive producer is supposed to do. And I'm glad Em and Royce did the BME EP first as a testing ground and a learning experience.

Anyway, this is starting to sound more and more like a real review despite what I said at the beginning. So I'll just ramble off some random bits about each song.

Our House:  A nice dark sounding track to open the album, which fits in well with Slaughterhouse's image. Good way to open the album. I like the distortion effect over Liz Rodriguez's vocals.

Coffin:  Not sure yet. I'd have to hear it through my car stereo. Through my computer speakers, the beat kinda sounds hollow, I guess. I think it has potential.

Throw That:  I think is the one exception where the beat did kind of dictate what the song was going to be. It does sound like something from an Eminem album.  But I kind of like it.  We'll see how I feel about it in a week or so.

Hammer Dance:  I love the Korn sample and have really liked this from the very beginning. I just thought it was questionable as a lead single. 

Get Up:  Like the name implies, this is definitely an energetic song. I can't stop my head from bobbing. I might have to put this on my gym playlist.

My Life:  I was not a fan to start with, but it grew on me pretty quick. And I still like it. It's definitely a celebration, but at the same time they're talking about the obstacles they overcame to get here.

Flip A Bird:  This is the first track that seems almost like filler to me. The lyrics make me think of Move On, but it's not catching me the way Move On did. I'll give it another couple spins.

Throw It Away:  I HATE Swizz Beatz. It's amazing that the two hip hop albums I was really anticipating this year (this and Life Is Good) both have a god awful song by this two bit waste of space. What does this song sound like and what is lyrical content consist of? Oh, I don't know. Try every Swizz Beatz song in the last 5 years. Oh well. If I can give Nas a pass for a Swizz Beatz song, I can give SH a pass too.

Rescue Me:  I'm into this song. It makes me think of something off of Mood Muzik. Very nice.

Frat House:  Like Coffin, I really need to hear it through my car speakers, but I'm feeling it. Might have to go on my gym playlist, like Get Up. Crooked's RHCP line put a smile on my face. Liked Joe and Joell's reference to The One.

Goodbye:  On some Raindrops type shit here. Joey talks about his stillborn twins, Crooked about his uncle's battle with cancer, and Joell about his Grandmother passing. Awesome song all around. Proof to the haters that they haven't changed.

Park It Sideways:  Not what I was expecting from the title. More a celebration track again, like My Life. Fair enough. My Life is better in my opinion, but still enjoyable.

Die:  Think Sound Off and Lyrical Murders from their debut. That should give you a good idea as to what you're getting into. I like it, but I hope it sounds good in my car stereo. I'm concerned.

Our Way:  The dudes are saying they got where they are without changing themselves. It's a darker beat just like Die. My only complaint about this is I don't think Die and Our Way should've been back to back. Other than that, nice way to close out the album.

Bonus Tracks

Asylum:  Minimalistic beat that fits well because the dudes like whisper the whole thing. I think should've been on the album between Die and Our Way.

Walk of Shame:  It's a song about hoes. Again, I would've put this on the album proper. The dudes went crazy. Crooked - "I fed your bitch a squirrel breakfast. She left with a pearl necklace."

The Other Side:  Once more, shocked this didn't make the album. The song is about reality vs. image.

Place To Be:  Don't assume it's going to be like Lighters just because of B.o.B. It's about getting to where you want to be. And yet again, should've been on the album.

Okay, you can say I'm a big fan of this album.
(08-24-2012, 01:10 AM)Tony Trey link Wrote:I haven't listened to it enough to give a real review, but I will say I'm enjoying it almost the whole way through. Yeah, the production does have a more mainstream sound to it, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because all four dudes make it work for them. For the most part I don't think the beats dictated the content and they certainly didn't dumb down their lyrics. It just seems like the content is just a bit more varied and that may very well be because these four dudes after struggling in the music biz for so long are finally having some success and, also, they're all grown men. They're not kids anymore and so much of hip hop is a 15 - 25 year old male fantasy world.

I also want to say that on the album and mixtape they really sound like a "group" and not just four solo artists doing posse cuts. Not to say that they weren't a group before on their debut or the EP, but I think the 4 of them spending all this time together in the last few years has really allowed them get comfortable with each other. It seems like they're less focused on competing with one another and more focused on making a solid album as a team, similar to the Bad Meets Evil EP. And I'm not saying I don't enjoy listening to the four of them trying to one-up each other (because I do and it's fun for us hardcore fans to get on these boards and compare their lyrics or flow or whatever), but I don't think that would work on a major label album.

I really feel like Eminem was a positive influence on Slaughterhouse and did what a good executive producer is supposed to do. And I'm glad Em and Royce did the BME EP first as a testing ground and a learning experience.

Anyway, this is starting to sound more and more like a real review despite what I said at the beginning. So I'll just ramble off some random bits about each song.

Our House:  A nice dark sounding track to open the album, which fits in well with Slaughterhouse's image. Good way to open the album. I like the distortion effect over Liz Rodriguez's vocals.

Coffin:  Not sure yet. I'd have to hear it through my car stereo. Through my computer speakers, the beat kinda sounds hollow, I guess. I think it has potential.

Throw That:  I think is the one exception where the beat did kind of dictate what the song was going to be. It does sound like something from an Eminem album.  But I kind of like it.  We'll see how I feel about it in a week or so.

Hammer Dance:  I love the Korn sample and have really liked this from the very beginning. I just thought it was questionable as a lead single. 

Get Up:  Like the name implies, this is definitely an energetic song. I can't stop my head from bobbing. I might have to put this on my gym playlist.

My Life:  I was not a fan to start with, but it grew on me pretty quick. And I still like it. It's definitely a celebration, but at the same time they're talking about the obstacles they overcame to get here.

Flip A Bird:  This is the first track that seems almost like filler to me. The lyrics make me think of Move On, but it's not catching me the way Move On did. I'll give it another couple spins.

Throw It Away:  I HATE Swizz Beatz. It's amazing that the two hip hop albums I was really anticipating this year (this and Life Is Good) both have a god awful song by this two bit waste of space. What does this song sound like and what is lyrical content consist of? Oh, I don't know. Try every Swizz Beatz song in the last 5 years. Oh well. If I can give Nas a pass for a Swizz Beatz song, I can give SH a pass too.

Rescue Me:  I'm into this song. It makes me think of something off of Mood Muzik. Very nice.

Frat House:  Like Coffin, I really need to hear it through my car speakers, but I'm feeling it. Might have to go on my gym playlist, like Get Up. Crooked's RHCP line put a smile on my face. Liked Joe and Joell's reference to The One.

Goodbye:  On some Raindrops type shit here. Joey talks about his stillborn twins, Crooked about his uncle's battle with cancer, and Joell about his Grandmother passing. Awesome song all around. Proof to the haters that they haven't changed.

Park It Sideways:  Not what I was expecting from the title. More a celebration track again, like My Life. Fair enough. My Life is better in my opinion, but still enjoyable.

Die:  Think Sound Off and Lyrical Murders from their debut. That should give you a good idea as to what you're getting into. I like it, but I hope it sounds good in my car stereo. I'm concerned.

Our Way:  The dudes are saying they got where they are without changing themselves. It's a darker beat just like Die. My only complaint about this is I don't think Die and Our Way should've been back to back. Other than that, nice way to close out the album.

Bonus Tracks

Asylum:  Minimalistic beat that fits well because the dudes like whisper the whole thing. I think should've been on the album between Die and Our Way.

Walk of Shame:  It's a song about hoes. Again, I would've put this on the album proper. The dudes went crazy. Crooked - "I fed your bitch a squirrel breakfast. She left with a pearl necklace."

The Other Side:  Once more, shocked this didn't make the album. The song is about reality vs. image.

Place To Be:  Don't assume it's going to be like Lighters just because of B.o.B. It's about getting to where you want to be. And yet again, should've been on the album.

Okay, you can say I'm a big fan of this album.

THIS! im pretty much had the same judgement..i couldnt help but listen 2 them! though I only heard the songs once and deleted them so I can hear them again on tuesday when i buy the album..but the production transitions nicely throughout the songs and all 4 members compliment each other well..i say its a classic
you guys hate Throw It Away??  it's far from the best song ever but you can't go wrong with the UFO sample  (Horseshoe gang used it 2 years ago but their beat was better)
Really like the album, most relavent song to me has been goodbye since it leaked a week ago. Only dissapointment is I thought on the album Royce and em would have a verse on goodbye about proof
(08-23-2012, 11:01 PM)Cannabis Over Beer link Wrote:Eminem really pussied out on this CD as far as rapping....guess he knew he can't hang with Crook.

look at how Crooked outshined everyone on 2.0 boys with "just" 16 bars Big Grin

haha yeah Em came kinda weak compared to some of the shit he's spit in the last couple years...

Reminds me of a few weeks ago when SH did an interview and they asked which one would battle Eminem and they "all" said nah none of them but I swear to me it seemed like in his head Crook was thinking I could give him a run for his money
Note: yeah I'm sure it was just a biased Crooked fan looking too deep into it, but Hey I truly do think Crooked is the Greatest of All Time,That's the way I hear it, not here to argue it if you think Pac or Biggie are better that's fair too just not how I hear it..no ones right in talking about the GOAT it's subjective as long as you ain't trying to tell me Drake or Lil Wayne ect is the GOAT I can respect most choices

@beagle I too was hoping for at least a Royce verse on the Album version of Goodbye oh well maybe one day he'll add to it for a mixtape?

And funny enough I Hated Throw it away when it first came out, couldn't stand it, only listened all the way through one or two times but I heard it the other day and I actually don't mind it any more...I like the beat and the chorus grew on me, the verses were always listenable I think looking back on it that stupid sound that plays between some of their lines( not even going to attempt to type the sound out) made it Corny? Annoying? Dumb? I don't even know but I find it dumb

And funny enough my good buddy who is a big SH fan felt the same way when he first heard Throw it Away, and the same day I started to not hate it he text me saying he doesn't hate it any more...Kinda bizarre I guess it just fits better with the album

Anyway enough writing tonight I'll sum this up by saying I think the album and Mixtape are both dope Glad I'm not the only one who feels that the album's good, was worried for a while there, you know with everyone hating on the album way before it was actually out.....
Feel what your saying with throw it away. When you listen to the album threw it actually surprisingly fits. And I assume em put the play list together gotta give him props on such a dumbed down annoying song to fit well
(08-23-2012, 05:22 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=Coppin Overpriced Bottles link=topic=6882.msg301406#msg301406 date=1345720613]
Not buying 4 for hip-sop this time lol

Still got 2 on order at my local indie record store but their delivery kinda sucks so I'll probably download it off Amazon in the morning. Anyone know if the bonus tracks are on the hard copy and the digital?

The hard copy of the deluxe version has the bonus cuts.
[/quote]

Ah right, not sure about what edition I've got coming so just ordered another copy off Amazon. It didn't say it was delue but had all the tracks listed so it should be fine and get to me on time. If it's not on time I'll have to buy a digital copy and end up with 4 for hip-hop afterall lol.
(08-24-2012, 01:10 AM)Tony Trey link Wrote:I haven't listened to it enough to give a real review, but I will say I'm enjoying it almost the whole way through. Yeah, the production does have a more mainstream sound to it, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because all four dudes make it work for them. For the most part I don't think the beats dictated the content and they certainly didn't dumb down their lyrics. It just seems like the content is just a bit more varied and that may very well be because these four dudes after struggling in the music biz for so long are finally having some success and, also, they're all grown men. They're not kids anymore and so much of hip hop is a 15 - 25 year old male fantasy world.

props for the quick review tony.  I haven't listened to the album yet to be honest. I'm still bumping the mixtape, I will wait till tues to pick up a copy.  I wanted to say that the big things people (from what i read)  complaints on the first album was the beats and the feeling of just 4 guys coming together and spitting with just bars bars and just no structure or whatever.  From what your saying that seemed to have changed so i'm excited for that.  Ive seen people complain at JBTV saying royce allways goes first again that doesn't really bother me,  BUT  i was hoping to be selfishly honest a eminem and joe cut and a crook and eminem cut and you know stuff like that where not all members are on all the tracks but thats just me.

and of course where are the beats  from dre? the feature from cube?  I was hoping for a dre beat in there,  maybe not a cube verse but expecting more than skylar grey and busta.  but i guess i have to listen to the album and see if they compliment it well.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28