The Boss Board Online Community

Full Version: Official Slaughterhouse "welcome to: Our House" Thread (Now Available)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(08-29-2012, 10:12 PM)apostle p link Wrote:lol nobody else finds it kind of funny that they are battling for the #1 spot with some christian rapper that nobody has ever heard of?
lol christians > sh fans
It seems like they are selling quite worldwide too. Number 6 on itunes chart in Norway, 12 in sweeden, 8 in the UK, 3 in Canada. I didnt check any other countries, but thats a good look!
(08-30-2012, 03:31 AM)martinnvest link Wrote:It seems like they are selling quite worldwide too. Number 6 on itunes chart in Norway, 12 in sweeden, 8 in the UK, 3 in Canada. I didnt check any other countries, but thats a good look!

nice! im thinking maybe slaughterhouse will end up number 1..i mean that toby mac dudes album has been out since the 24th and slaughterhouse had only been out for a little more than a day when those numbers were released..and if its not then fuck it, i got my copy and am happy with it
This album definitely grew on me. You have to be open minded and listen to this album for what it is. You'll enjoy it more that way.

With that being said, can't complain about having 31 new SH tracks within a 6 day span. These guys worked hard to keep both hardcore and newcomers alike satisfied with both projects. I'm about to shed a thug tear.
I just think that the singles were set up incorrectly. I definitely think that Goodbye should have been a main single. Maybe Frat House as a street single. That Justice League song shouldn't have been deluxe edition only, that should be a big track.
(08-29-2012, 11:52 PM)blackjezus link Wrote:If the singles would of been picked better it could of sold way more but how are the projecting this with 2 days worth of sales?

Projections aren't based on 1 or 2 days of sales, they are based on what the artists sold previously and a number of other factors. Bad Meets Evil was projected to sell 65k in the first week and that's exactly what it did. Record companies have all this stuff planned out and they have their projection game down to a science.

I wasn't happy with the singles. Their debut album single was "The One." Unless you really dig into their material or know the artists previously, the average, casual hip-hop listener/consumer isn't going to think Slaughterhouse is anything special.
(08-30-2012, 07:52 AM)EFFeX link Wrote:I just think that the singles were set up incorrectly. I definitely think that Goodbye should have been a main single. Maybe Frat House as a street single. That Justice League song shouldn't have been deluxe edition only, that should be a big track.

Frat house wouldve been a better choice, the beat and chorus were so dope
If they get a number 1 album, and sell decent worldwide its still a big acheivment. A number 1 album will give tons of attention and exposure. And I think SH, especially Crooked is mad happy right now. They actually got to release a album at Shady/Interscope. After all these years of waiting for release dates, tracklists, broken promises etc.... an album actually got released on a major record label by artists we never thought would get the chance. And to be up there fighting for a number 1 spot at the same time.. What more can we ask? They did their best, and they have definitly paid their dues. So, well done SH!
(08-30-2012, 01:47 PM)martinnvest link Wrote:If they get a number 1 album, and sell decent worldwide its still a big acheivment. A number 1 album will give tons of attention and exposure. And I think SH, especially Crooked is mad happy right now. They actually got to release a album at Shady/Interscope. After all these years of waiting for release dates, tracklists, broken promises etc.... an album actually got released on a major record label by artists we never thought would get the chance. And to be up there fighting for a number 1 spot at the same time.. What more can we ask? They did their best, and they have definitly paid their dues. So, well done SH!

this! couldnt have said it better myself
yeah SH did their best but Shady records didn't
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28