The Boss Board Online Community

Full Version: Official Slaughterhouse "welcome to: Our House" Thread (Now Available)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
The more I listen to this album, the more I like it and think it is actually on the same level as the first album if not better.
(09-15-2012, 02:06 PM)Dimos link Wrote:The more I listen to this album, the more I like it and think it is actually on the same level as the first album if not better.

Agreed. I think people are really really are being over critical.
(09-15-2012, 05:17 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=Dimos link=topic=6882.msg301929#msg301929 date=1347732372]
The more I listen to this album, the more I like it and think it is actually on the same level as the first album if not better.

[/quote]

that or its a lot of trolling going on
(09-15-2012, 06:22 PM)highlandp323 link Wrote:[quote author=EFFeX link=topic=6882.msg301933#msg301933 date=1347743839]
[quote author=Dimos link=topic=6882.msg301929#msg301929 date=1347732372]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, I mean, I think that people are being honest, but just too hard on this project. Or perhaps just overstating the case a little bit. The album has it's flaws, yes. It is NOT perfect by any means. However, it is still solid and demonstrates their versatility. You have the club joint, the introspective joint, the street joint, etc. It's all there. While it may at times seem like a "grab bag" of tracks, I think that they did everything possible to put something for everyone on it. As each of these guys are so unique as solo artists and are being presented to the world on a mainstream level, I think they did a pretty damn good job.
(09-15-2012, 08:58 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=highlandp323 link=topic=6882.msg301934#msg301934 date=1347747725]
[quote author=EFFeX link=topic=6882.msg301933#msg301933 date=1347743839]
[quote author=Dimos link=topic=6882.msg301929#msg301929 date=1347732372]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, I mean, I think that people are being honest, but just too hard on this project. Or perhaps just overstating the case a little bit. The album has it's flaws, yes. It is NOT perfect by any means. However, it is still solid and demonstrates their versatility. You have the club joint, the introspective joint, the street joint, etc. It's all there. While it may at times seem like a "grab bag" of tracks, I think that they did everything possible to put something for everyone on it. As each of these guys are so unique as solo artists and are being presented to the world on a mainstream level, I think they did a pretty damn good job.
[/quote]

exactly, theyve said that this album was suppose 2 showcase what they hadnt done yet..which was make actual songs and they did just that..there were countless people saying slaughterhouse couldnt make songs to save there lives and when they did just that they became really critical about it..but its still selling though its still top 10 on hip hop albums on itunes
Exactly. If you look through their catalog up until this point, you can't really make an argument for "Slaughterhouse can't make an actual song" anymore. It just doesn't hold weight. If people are still saying that, they are either misinformed, blind or choosing to be closed minded.

I think that they are in a good position now to move forward musically. They have now proven themselves as a group instead of just four emcees thrown together. I'd be willing to bet that whatever their next project is whether album, mixtape, etc will be very natural and represent them well.
(09-15-2012, 09:51 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:Exactly. If you look through their catalog up until this point, you can't really make an argument for "Slaughterhouse can't make an actual song" anymore. It just doesn't hold weight. If people are still saying that, they are either misinformed, blind or choosing to be closed minded.

I think that they are in a good position now to move forward musically. They have now proven themselves as a group instead of just four emcees thrown together. I'd be willing to bet that whatever their next project is whether album, mixtape, etc will be very natural and represent them well.

exactly, the only downside 2 that is that we'll probably have 2 wait about a year or so for a new album
So who you think had the best verses, flows on this one? Royce I'd say. Crooked goes hard I think, but Royce is just too good, even on songs like "Coffin" and "Throw That"...
I think they shouldve cut it to fewer tracks. Crooked I went in most of the time n hs most standout verse for me is from Die. 500 copies frm my homies store sold in Gaborone, Botswana. Bought mostly by older folks 25 to 40 year olds cs ths aint kiddie jiggy shit. Its grown man ish. Back to the album I think they shuld make a video for Goodbye. What do you all think? Dope dope song fr me
joe budden stood out to me bar crooked
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28