The Boss Board Online Community

Full Version: Official Slaughterhouse "welcome to: Our House" Thread (Now Available)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
dre doesn't even produce his own beats anymore
Dre charges too much and is lazy.... he does more mixing than actual production anymore. 

Besides, he's more interested in piggybacking off of Kendrick Lamar's brimming popularity right now than anything else.
How can you say Dre is piggybacking off of Kendrick Lamar? Dre has qaudruple the fan base of Kendrick he doesnt need Kendrick for anything
(04-24-2012, 01:45 PM)DboytechnineCC link Wrote:How can you say Dre is piggybacking off of Kendrick Lamar? Dre has qaudruple the fan base of Kendrick he doesnt need Kendrick for anything

Dre will cross market himself with any music he's produced for Kendrick.. and/or any new music that makes it out of his Detox vaults (assuming Kendrick did as much work in the Detox sessions as they made it sound.)

Dre is the house hold name... don't get me wrong, it's just that Kendrick will appeal to the masses and younger fans more than a 45 y/o Dre can... and Dre has always put another artist ahead of himself on projects because he likes to be the creator in the background.  Projects like Chronic and 2001 were both feature-heavy... and included a variety of artists, but they each had one stand out artist that was featured more than anybody else. (Snoop, Em, Hittman, etc.)  If Kendrick has some hot music from Dre on his Aftermath release later this year.. it'd be a good look for a Detox album (tho still a myth) if it featured K.dot a lot, and vice-versa.
haha Yea get what your saying, I personally dont think that Kendrick should be on Detox, In my opinion he aint that lyrical, he got flow and realism and he does go in on some songs but he aint no where near Shady or COB Camp based on lyrics and consistancy, its hard for other artists to reach the bar that they set, I get that he from Compton n signed to Aftermath but I can name multiple artists that should be in the Detox lineup  infront of Kendrick
Just seen this article on hiphopdx;

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.19...ushed-back

Joe says album sounds 'big' like My Life sounds 'Big'. Slightly worried by this comment.

He also says he wants album pushed back so they can have a little more time, which worries me also. Are they doubting the product so far?
(05-03-2012, 07:31 PM)PublicEnemyNo2 link Wrote:Just seen this article on hiphopdx;

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.19...ushed-back

Joe says album sounds 'big' like My Life sounds 'Big'. Slightly worried by this comment.

He also says he wants album pushed back so they can have a little more time, which worries me also. Are they doubting the product so far?

Probably means more time to promote...
Just checked Amazon. It's not listed yet.

Man, they better not fucking push it back any further...
i'm thinkin it'll drop in july/august and lol @ a dre beat in 2012... who cares
i mean it is there major label debut..joe budden just wants that shit to be a classic obviously..he doesnt wanna be like these underground artists who have had their mainstream debuts turn out to be generic and boring..but this would be a good time for crooked to drop his mixtape 2 keep listeners alert..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28