The Boss Board Online Community

Full Version: Music Section Now Available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What's good everyone?

I wanted to notify everyone that we have a brand new section to this web site that you may or may not have noticed already called "Music". Whether your a new Crooked I fan or a long time fan, people are always looking for a place that they can hear all of his latest music in one place. Well, I thought it was about time to add this option to this web site instead of forcing people to search through the forum. Some of you may have noticed that news articles that contain new music can now stream the music without need for downloading. I decided to expand upon that idea and the Music section was created.

A few notes about the section so we are all on the same page. I am strictly following the web site's policy of no piracy on this Music section. I will not be listing any songs that are meant for a retail project unless the artist gives specific permission to do so. Additionally, make sure you continue to search the forum for music uploads, because not every upload on the forum will be included in the Music section. For the time being I will only be adding music that is associated with a news story, but will expand upon that soon. You may notice that there is a "Highest Rated Tracks" listing. Just so everyone knows, you MUST be a registered member to use this feature and you may only vote for a song once.

Finally, this is a brand new section that has been very "buggy" so please let me know if you run into any problems as I am working around the clock to implement it into our site. If you run into any errors or bugs let me know!

All feedback is welcome let me know what I can do to make the page better!
I noticed it as soon as I hit the page. Good job! Its a great feature to the website. Categories too nice, I cant believe the amout of music you already put up.

Very nice addition except it won't let me rate or comment on the songs because apparently I'm not logged in ???
(05-04-2009, 08:27 AM)alphabet link Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice addition except it won't let me rate or comment on the songs because apparently I'm not logged in ???

Interesting... Do you have this problem when trying to comment on a news story too?

You DO have to  be logged in, but your saying that you are?

Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: Apparently 2 other people other than myself have used the rating system. Also, I know people have commented on news stories in the past and it's the same exact line of code. Do you have your cookie settings enabled on your browser and all that? Get back at me!
good work i was looking at that and its really useful man keep up the good work!
(05-04-2009, 11:19 AM)umee1989 link Wrote: [ -> ]good work i was looking at that and its really useful man keep up the good work!

Thanks for the props! I'm going to be adding more features to it soon, I just wanted to get it up and running because it's hard to test and stuff with only one person using it. I wanted the community to get a chance to see it and give some feedback. Glad you like it!

Did you get a chance to vote on a song or anything? Give it a try, just cause the homie alphabet had trouble, I want to see if anyone else has trouble.
Nope Effex no problem rating or posting comments it's probably something wrong with Alphabet's computer or web browser. is there any chance of getting all of the song's from the projects list and putting it on there coz i have hardly got any tracks of crooked with all them other people under appearances
(05-04-2009, 11:41 AM)DALJ link Wrote: [ -> ]Nope Effex no problem rating or posting comments it's probably something wrong with Alphabet's computer or web browser. is there any chance of getting all of the song's from the projects list and putting it on there coz i have hardly got any tracks of crooked with all them other people under appearances

LOL, That's a BIG undertaking right now. However, I DO plan on adding many past Crooked I classics to the list. Sit tight, it's just not something I have time for right now.

However, it's like I said I won't be putting up retail stuff without permission on there, cause we are hosting those files directly from the site.
(05-04-2009, 11:49 AM)EFFeX link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=DALJ link=topic=810.msg255058#msg255058 date=1241451705]
Nope Effex no problem rating or posting comments it's probably something wrong with Alphabet's computer or web browser. is there any chance of getting all of the song's from the projects list and putting it on there coz i have hardly got any tracks of crooked with all them other people under appearances

LOL, That's a BIG undertaking right now. However, I DO plan on adding many past Crooked I classics to the list. Sit tight, it's just not something I have time for right now.

However, it's like I said I won't be putting up retail stuff without permission on there, cause we are hosting those files directly from the site.
[/quote]

You should put all the song's in different sections so for hip hop weekly make a section called hip hop weekly and so on. and as for the retail songs put them up as well but put a price underneath it so people can download it but they have to pay.
(05-04-2009, 11:35 AM)EFFeX link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=umee1989 link=topic=810.msg255054#msg255054 date=1241450399]
good work i was looking at that and its really useful man keep up the good work!

Thanks for the props! I'm going to be adding more features to it soon, I just wanted to get it up and running because it's hard to test and stuff with only one person using it. I wanted the community to get a chance to see it and give some feedback. Glad you like it!

Did you get a chance to vote on a song or anything? Give it a try, just cause the homie alphabet had trouble, I want to see if anyone else has trouble.
[/quote]

yea voting worked fine for me maybe u gotta have automatic log in on cuz u know how u can set up ur sn to stay on for a certain amount of time ? maybe u need to have tht on
Pages: 1 2 3