The Boss Board Online Community

Full Version: Whos gonna cop the new Freddie Gibbs/Madlib Pinata album (In stores now)??!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: freddie-gibbs-madlib-pinata.jpg]

I've been anticipating the shit outta this album! It's finally out right now in stores!

The album, front to back, is FIRE!!! I've heard the leak already before today (im guilty) and i think it's the best rap album to come out this year so far. I'll be on my way to best buy to get the exclusive version (that includes a few bonus tracks) after i post this.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/piata-best-b...Id=4719003

Seriously, get up on this album!

(03-18-2014, 02:06 PM)g-kal2010 link Wrote:I've been anticipating the shit outta this album! It's finally out right now in stores!

The album, front to back, is FIRE!!! I've heard the leak already before today (im guilty) and i think it's the best rap album to come out this year so far. I'll be on my way to best buy to get the exclusive version (that includes a few bonus tracks) after i post this.

i download this earlier this week it was nice after the first spin. really like that young jeezy diss and the cut with scarface. but imma buy this album now because of you and this topic haha.  whats up gkal?  shoutout to the whole state of indiana man.  the pacers are literally the only team that has chance to beat miami. sadly all the eastcoast team are just in the way.  hopefully vogel doesn't fuck up and actually keep hibert in the game during crunch time instead of the bench

anyway album of the year so far for me is Rick Ross Mastermind. oh shit  i know.  I didn't bother with his debut and i didn't really like teflon don and GFID. But this one was imo well crafted album. I actually enjoy every track on here.  Nobody, sanctified and Thug cry being my favourite tracks.  That skit was making me nervous tho.  It's pretty early in the year but yeah Mastermind is AOTY but i know that will change eventually. As long as he keeps talking about how much cash he has i don't feel bad stealing his music.  aint no cheques getting cut lol. 
I rate this album 10 wasted champagne bottles/10

And not mean to highjack this topic  it has been awfully quiet in the bb so i might as well ask here just to try and keep discussion going.  What have you been listening to so far this year?  And any albums we should be looking out for(obviously cocaine pinata)lol?  I use to think like "man this gkal dude must just sit there and listen to music all day.lol  there is no way he can get through so much music."

Then I actually tried it. I manage to get to 3 albums a day now it is actually easier than i thought.  Here is what i have listened to so far this year- i crossed out the once that i wasn't feeling - usually i give them at least 2 spins if i ain't feeling i just delete it.

Isiah Rashad -Cilvia Demo
Schoolboy q- oxymoron
Xiu Xiu- Angel dust (yeah.. i don't know what the fuck this is lol)
Behemoth - The satanist ( i gave this 1 spin throughout, can't get into death/black metal)
Daley- Day and Night
Actress - Ghetoville
Dum Dum Girls- too true
Pharell -GIRL ( Love this album as well not one skippable track)
Mogwai- Rave Tapes
Henry Freischlader- Night train to buddah pets
Warpaint- Warpaint
Blackswan- tone poetry
Sophie Ellies Bextor - wanderlust
St.Vincent-St.vincent
Steph Brothers- Lord Stepphington
Sun Moon- Benji
Sun Structures- Sun Temples
Thee Silver Mt. Zion- Fuck off get free we pour light on everything
Sharon Jones and the dap kings- Give people what they want.
Alcest-Shelter
Andrew Stockdale-Keep Moving
The Fray-Helios
Katy B-little red
Sean Paul- Full Frequency (Reggae+ dubstep woot woot)
Enrique iglesias- love and sex
The Glitch mob- Love death Immortality (don't really listen to dubstep or electronic but this shit bangs hard)
Eric Bellinger- The rebirth
Beck-Morning Phase
We are in the crowd-Weird Kids

as far as upcoming releases  you have the usuals  the kendrick 3rd album. anything COB anything slaughterhouse. pharoah, nas, red man,  that roots concept album they are doing another one.
(03-19-2014, 01:31 AM)J.P link Wrote:[quote author=g-kal2010 link=topic=8263.msg304934#msg304934 date=1395165975]
I've been anticipating the shit outta this album! It's finally out right now in stores!

i download this earlier this week it was nice after the first spin. really like that young jeezy diss and the cut with scarface. but imma buy this album now because of you and this topic haha.  whats up gkal?  shoutout to the whole state of indiana man.  the pacers are literally the only team that has chance to beat miami. sadly all the eastcoast team are just in the way.  hopefully vogel doesn't fuck up and actually keep hibert in the game during crunch time instead of the bench

anyway album of the year so far for me is Rick Ross Mastermind. oh shit  i know.  I didn't bother with his debut and i didn't really like teflon don and GFID. But this one was imo well crafted album. I actually enjoy every track on here.  Nobody, sanctified and Thug cry being my favourite tracks.  That skit was making me nervous tho.  It's pretty early in the year but yeah Mastermind is AOTY but i know that will change eventually. As long as he keeps talking about how much cash he has i don't feel bad stealing his music.  aint no cheques getting cut lol. 
I rate this album 10 wasted champagne bottles/10

And not mean to highjack this topic  it has been awfully quiet in the bb so i might as well ask here just to try and keep discussion going.  What have you been listening to so far this year?  And any albums we should be looking out for(obviously cocaine pinata)lol?  I use to think like "man this gkal dude must just sit there and listen to music all day.lol  there is no way he can get through so much music."

Then I actually tried it. I manage to get to 3 albums a day now it is actually easier than i thought.  Here is what i have listened to so far this year- i crossed out the once that i wasn't feeling - usually i give them at least 2 spins if i ain't feeling i just delete it.

Isiah Rashad -Cilvia Demo
Schoolboy q- oxymoron
Xiu Xiu- Angel dust (yeah.. i don't know what the fuck this is lol)
Behemoth - The satanist ( i gave this 1 spin throughout, can't get into death/black metal)
Daley- Day and Night
Actress - Ghetoville
Dum Dum Girls- too true
Pharell -GIRL ( Love this album as well not one skippable track)
Mogwai- Rave Tapes
Henry Freischlader- Night train to buddah pets
Warpaint- Warpaint
Blackswan- tone poetry
Sophie Ellies Bextor - wanderlust
St.Vincent-St.vincent
Steph Brothers- Lord Stepphington
Sun Moon- Benji
Sun Structures- Sun Temples
Thee Silver Mt. Zion- Fuck off get free we pour light on everything
Sharon Jones and the dap kings- Give people what they want.
Alcest-Shelter
Andrew Stockdale-Keep Moving
The Fray-Helios
Katy B-little red
Sean Paul- Full Frequency (Reggae+ dubstep woot woot)
Enrique iglesias- love and sex
The Glitch mob- Love death Immortality (don't really listen to dubstep or electronic but this shit bangs hard)
Eric Bellinger- The rebirth
Beck-Morning Phase
We are in the crowd-Weird Kids

as far as upcoming releases  you have the usuals  the kendrick 3rd album. anything COB anything slaughterhouse. pharoah, nas, red man,  that roots concept album they are doing another one.
[/quote]

LOL yo, great post!

Yeah, i'll probably end up making another albums to anticipate of 2014 despite that 2 months have already past. The list will include TDE artists, of course slaughter, The roots, Nas and Pharoahe.

I see a bunch of records in your list by artists i know of, heard of or don't know of

Isiah Rashad - Cilvia Demo - I actually like this project. Not bad for a debut. I definitely think hes got potential. I'm interested to see how he will progress and see if he can drop doper albums or even a create a classic in the future.

Schoolboy q- oxymoron - I like this one too, but i prefer Habits & contradictions over this.

Behemoth - The satanist - Though i personally enjoy a good amount of death metal, i never really cared for this band.

Daley- Day and Night  - will have to check this out later in the future
Actress - Ghetoville - I've heard of actress, but never really took the time out to listen to his music. I will check it out since you and theneedledrop liked the album.

Dum Dum Girls- too true  - never really paid attention to this group tbh
Pharrell -GIRL ( Love this album as well not one skippable track)  havent heard this one yet.
Mogwai- Rave Tapes - wasn't feeling this either and i'm a fan of mogwai
Warpaint- Warpaint - haven't heard this yet.
St.Vincent-St.vincent - haven't got around to listening to this yet.
Steph Brothers- Lord Stepphington - this was dope. probably my second favorite rap album this year so far
Sun Moon- Benji - i've only heard one song from this album.
Sean Paul- Full Frequency (Reggae+ dubstep woot woot) - not really a fan of sean paul.
Enrique iglesias- love and sex  - i'll pass. not a fan of enrique's music at all.
Beck-Morning Phase - im a fan of beck but haven't heard this yet. i will later on

as for the rest, im not familiar with the artist or their work.

anyway, thanks for sharing j.p.
Just listened to the album now. Enjoyed the beats, his flow, and his gangsterness is on point with jay rock, just in a different fashion