The Boss Board Online Community

Full Version: Dr. Dre's new album will officially be released on Aug. 7th!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://pitchfork.com/news/60592-dr-dre-a...-came-out/

https://twitter.com/drdre/status/627630534047350784

[Image: unnamed_wgakzh.jpg]

Tracklist:
01 Intro
02 Talk About It [ft. King Mez & Justus]
03 Genocide [ft. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay]
04 It's All on Me [ft. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid]
05 All in a Day's Work [ft. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius]
06 Darkside/Gone [ft. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar]
07 Loose Cannons [ft. Xzibit & COLD 187um]
08 Issues [ft. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak]
09 Deep Water [ft. Kendrick Lamar & Justus]
10 One Shot One Kill [ft. Snoop Dogg]
11 Just Another Day [ft. Asia Bryant]
12 For the Love of Money [ft. Jill Scott & Jon Connor]
13 Satisfaction [ft. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez]
14 Animals [ft. Anderson Paak]
15 Medicine Mane [ft. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak]
16 Talking to My Diary

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/compto...1025137696

ABOUT.FUCKING.TIME!!

Detox is officially dead, but we will finally get a new album from this dude.
This tracklist couldn't have been any worse even if Dre tried. Marsha Ambrosius on 4 tracks? King Mez, Justus ???  That project is probably going to have 3-4 good/bearable tracks tops. Most of the features do not even rep Compton, this album is a joke  Big Grin
Granted King Mez isn't from compton, hes still a good rhymer if you heard his solo projects. Same thing with Jon Connor. Granted the only people  who rep the west, let alone compton, are Kendrick, Cube, Snoop, Xzibit and COLD 187um (surprised hes even on here tbh), and we should be skeptical/critical just based on the tracklisting, but for all we know, it could very well be a dope album music-wise. It could be a joke. It could be dope. We shall find out when it comes out and we listen to it.

Edit: somehow i overlooked that game is on here too haha
(08-02-2015, 05:54 AM)g-kal2010 link Wrote:Granted King Mez isn't from compton, hes still a good rhymer if you heard his solo projects. Same thing with Jon Connor. Granted the only people  who rep the west, let alone compton, are Kendrick, Cube, Snoop, Xzibit and COLD 187um (surprised hes even on here tbh), and we should be skeptical/critical just based on the tracklisting, but for all we know, it could very well be a dope album music-wise. It could be a joke. It could be dope. We shall find out when it comes out and we listen to it.

Edit: somehow i overlooked that game is on here too haha

Jon Connor, Kendrick and Xzibit are actually the few people I am waiting to listen to on this album. My point was that first of all naming an album ''Compton'' and then having loads of features which are in no way related to Compton sounds illogical. Secondly, Dre has been a scaredy cat for years when it came to releasing a new album and is obviously releasing that one now because if it flops majorly people won't be so judgemental as technically it is a ''soundtrack''. 
I get where you're coming from. The lack of compton artists while naming an album called compton, saying its inspired by the straight outta compton movie, is pretty obvious and questionable. All your general points are fair. Like i said, it could be dope, or it could be a total failure. Either way, i'm very interested in listening to this album.
Just because the album is inspired by Compton doesn't mean it should only feature Compton or Westcoast artists. Let's wait for the music to come out and judge then. A new Dre album is major news. I am looking forward to it. No reason to think this will be terrible given The Chronic and 2001 are classics.
I'm just looking forward to hearing good music. It doesn't matter to me if it's an official Dre solo project, compilation, soundtrack, ode to Compton, etc. It sounds like it's just going to be a good well rounded project. It's an unexpected treat so I'm not complaining.
Verdict? It's a dope album in my opinion. Production and lyrics are on point. It is another show orchestrated by Dr Dre like his previous 2 albums. Standout tracks for me are "Talk About It", "Genocide", "It's All On Me", "Issues", "Deep Water", "One Shot One Kill", "For The Love Of Money", "Satisfiction" and "Talking To My Diary". I'll be listening to it for a long time.
Production/beats/mixing were all top notch. Kendrick, Cube, Jon Connor (and even Snoop and Game) did their thing as expected. Dre was absolute garbage though. I remember years ago when he was saying he wanted to make Detox a concept album past the talks about how rich and famous a producer he is etc and then Detox got scrapped and we got these bs lyrics from Dre? Psh. Better get some new ghostwriters for the next ''final'' album he drops in 20 years time.   

P.S. Stand out tracks for me: Satisfiction, Animals, Medicine Man, Just Another Day
(08-09-2015, 09:08 AM)SuperSpider link Wrote:Production/beats/mixing were all top notch. Kendrick, Cube, Jon Connor (and even Snoop and Game) did their thing as expected. Dre was absolute garbage though. I remember years ago when he was saying he wanted to make Detox a concept album past the talks about how rich and famous a producer he is etc and then Detox got scrapped and we got these bs lyrics from Dre? Psh. Better get some new ghostwriters for the next ''final'' album he drops in 20 years time.

I don't think Dre ever wrote his lyrics, though. It may not seem this way from a lyrical standpoint, but Compton really is a conceptual album. If you listen from beginning to end all artists featured paint a picture of what it is to live there and getting out of it I think. I remember reading somewhere online that this album plays like a movie and it does if you pay close attention to the intro and transitions between each song. Dre truly proves he is a great MC with this one (and by MC I really mean Master of Ceremony, who gets everyone together, rappers, singers, beatmakers to create the best show possible for his audience).
Pages: 1 2