The Boss Board Online Community
Recovery - Thoughts? - Printable Version

+- The Boss Board Online Community (http://www.thebossboard.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.thebossboard.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Music Discussion (http://www.thebossboard.com/forum/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Recovery - Thoughts? (/thread-2938.html)

Recovery - Thoughts? - PublicEnemyNo2 - 06-21-2010

Well I held out and didnt listen to the leak, bought the album and really feeling it. On my third listen now and its growing on me every time.

Whats everyone else think? I personally didnt like relapse, this is definately what I was looking for. He is trying to make proper songs again.

And he lost the accent. Thank god.

Re: Recovery - Thoughts? - [COB] - 06-21-2010

listened to it over 20 times now.

INSANELY good.

even wayen came hard on it.

you listened to the 2 extra itunes tracks, one with SH? very good tracks, should have been in the album. i would have picked up a physical CD if they had those 2 tracks on it.

Re: Recovery - Thoughts? - Dimos - 06-21-2010

Can't wait to listen to it. I am just holding on buying the album until the Deluxe Edition comes out on CD (signed up to get an alert as soon as it becomes available on amazon)...

Re: Recovery - Thoughts? - PublicEnemyNo2 - 06-21-2010

(06-21-2010, 12:51 PM)Dimos link Wrote:Can't wait to listen to it. I am just holding on buying the album until the Deluxe Edition comes out on CD (signed up to get an alert as soon as it becomes available on amazon)...

Yeah, I wasnt sure if the deluxe edition was coming out in CD form, but I couldnt hold out any longer anyway. The album is brillaint IMO. Seems to get better with every listen, the amount of lines Eminem throws out on every track is incedible. Pick something new up every listen.

Re: Recovery - Thoughts? - anita_job - 06-23-2010

This is his best album since The Eminem Show. It may even be better, it will take some time for me to fully digest this.

He had some crazy punchlines in Almost Famous. When I was first listening to it, I thought it was one of those corny throwaway songs, but it's not. This album is full of surprises and he's at the top of his game here.

Re: Recovery - Thoughts? - blazincheech - 06-23-2010

i thought the two bonus songs were better than all the tracks on the album.... plus i preffered it when em did skits on his albums. i know there is more "music" on recovery, but the skits are what made the old albums, he should go back to that

Re: Recovery - Thoughts? - PublicEnemyNo2 - 06-24-2010

Not really a big fan of skits at all really. That was the only bad point on SH album, 1 was decent, the other 2 phone call ones were pointless.

Re: Recovery - Thoughts? - anita_job - 06-25-2010

Skits are awful. If I want to see skits, I'll go watch a comedy troop. Rappers need to rap.

Re: Recovery - Thoughts? - Akademic - 06-27-2010

I think it's a good album, a lot better with SH on it!  Would like to have a little more variety in subject matter though.  Felt like a lot of the album was the same "Relapse sucked my bad" stuff...but it is a really good album, but I expect greatness from Em

Re: Recovery - Thoughts? - Junior - 06-29-2010

Didn't like it at all when I first listened through it.

Have loved the latter 20 or so spins