The Boss Board Online Community
Took me a while, but Montreal is back in the building - Printable Version

+- The Boss Board Online Community (http://www.thebossboard.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Boss Boards (http://www.thebossboard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: KXNG CROOKED Discussion (http://www.thebossboard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Took me a while, but Montreal is back in the building (/showthread.php?tid=3540)

Took me a while, but Montreal is back in the building - makaveli_411 - 10-04-2010

What's up everyone,

I used to be active on the Dynasty Records forum a while ago and then the site stopped working and I am finally back here, and I've been slippin' with Crooked I's latest new Hip Hop Weekly Reloaded, and it's good to be back to rep for the greatest rapper alive especially when that is the only thing you listen to. I recall when a friend told me that Crooked Intriago and the rest of Slaugtherhouse was going to be in Montreal for Escape Mtl with Pharoahe Monch on Saturday, April 10, 2010, I was so pumped for the show and passed by with a friend and expected nothing less than everyone, still enjoyed the show although Crooked was not there due to certain issues with the Canadian border.

I do wish him that next time that he can make it because we've been waiting so long for Crooked I up North and hope that you guys can get a second album out and get back here asap. Joe was really appreciative when I was actually reppin' Slaughterhouse with the album in my hands, nothing but pure lyrical murder , and I had a yellow Nautica jacket that night and Joe replied to me by saying Thank you. The whole clique, everybody was humble during the show, I just now hope that we will see you enough at the very least for the first time Dominick and so that we can get at least a pic with you and keep it in the history books and all of Mtl is still waiting for you.

A letter from a true fan,

PS. I still hold the Young Boss Mixtape Vol. 2 I actually ordered twice but ended up only receiving one copy from hitemup.com and gave it to a friend that introduced me to you back during the DR Era and So Damn Hood and your greatest freestyle ever on the Wake up Show when giving a minute of silence for the mic, we still waiting for you solo so you can bust on this industry. Hands down the best mixtape I have ever listened to and destroyed any rap album that came out that year. BTW would it please be possible to see if there is any way to order that mixtape since it is impossible to find online, any help would be greatly appreciated from anyone. I hope Dominick will actually get a chance to read this.

makaveli_411

It's rap or die season, the best rappers ain't alive, so analyze me then - Hip Hop Weekly 35 Dynasty

Re: Took me a while, but Montreal is back in the building - effex - 10-04-2010

I'm not sure if you'll be able to find the original copies that were being sold through DJ Skee's site when it first dropped, but did you check eBay for other copies?

BTW: Welcome to the site!

Re: Took me a while, but Montreal is back in the building - makaveli_411 - 10-04-2010

Thanks a lot EFFeX, I haven't checked Ebay but I'll do soon enough.
BTW does Dominick still drop by and reads comments once in a while like he used to back on the Dynasty boards, or is he still very busy with the upcoming projects.

Re: Took me a while, but Montreal is back in the building - ThaHolyChronic - 10-04-2010

oh lord a canadiens fan ahha

Re: Took me a while, but Montreal is back in the building - effex - 10-04-2010

(10-04-2010, 08:33 PM)makaveli_411 link Wrote:Thanks a lot EFFeX, I haven't checked Ebay but I'll do soon enough.
BTW does Dominick still drop by and reads comments once in a while like he used to back on the Dynasty boards, or is he still very busy with the upcoming projects.

Crooked is very active on Twitter, but he's definitely watching The Boss Board!

Re: Took me a while, but Montreal is back in the building - 101dhs - 10-05-2010

(10-04-2010, 10:07 PM)ThaHolyChronic link Wrote:oh lord a canadiens fan ahha

Better than being a Toronto fan imo (for Canada at least)

Re: Took me a while, but Montreal is back in the building - blazincheech - 10-05-2010

you can d/l young boss vol2 at datpiff.com

Re: Took me a while, but Montreal is back in the building - Lyricest - 10-05-2010

Im from Montreal too and I missed that show because I was on a trip, I hope they'll come back.

Re: Took me a while, but Montreal is back in the building - makaveli_411 - 10-05-2010

Thanks a lot guys for the input, and yes blazincheech I already have it, it's just that I wanted to get another physical copy since I ended giving mine to a friend that actually introduced me to Crooked about 9 years ago. It would just be awesome to have that mixtape signed by Crooked himself one day you know since it still remains the closest thing to him dropping a solo album up till now. That mixtape is just a masterpiece.

BTW Lyricest the show was awesome, it just missed the West Coast flavor although they had a part where they were all reppin' their areas and the DJ was putting a track for example when it came to Royce they used one of Em's track reppin' for Detroit when it was for Crooked and Long Beach the pop was huge and it was a Dre produced Snoop track if I am not mistaken or was it California Love, I just cannot recall exactly. Joell had a B.I.G. track, and Joe I think had a track produced for Redman reppin Brick City.

I just wish that we will see the whole crew back together, I had so many questions prepared for Crooked and his multiple projects, I guess it'll have to be postponed until Slaughterhouse drops their 2nd album or Crooked gets his solo album first.

As for the Canadiens, I'm not a huge fan, I used to when I was younger, I'm a footballer (soccer) since I was four, and if anyone has any questions related to World Cup, Euro and to a certain extent the Champions League nowadays since I don't have much time to follow it anymore with work feel free to PM me.

Also EFFeX, I was unable to find it through Ebay, do you think there is any way to verify it with Crooked or DJ Skee if they still hold some personal copies, I wouldn't mind paying for them and regardless of the price, I just absolutely need it.

Re: Took me a while, but Montreal is back in the building - ThaHolyChronic - 10-07-2010

(10-05-2010, 12:00 AM)101dhs link Wrote:[quote author=ThaHolyChronic link=topic=4649.msg278218#msg278218 date=1286244451]
oh lord a canadiens fan ahha

Better than being a Toronto fan imo (for Canada at least)
[/quote]

ahha ya right montreal fans are the biggest douche bags in all canada, followed by toronto fans lol