The Boss Board Online Community
news and stuff - Printable Version

+- The Boss Board Online Community (http://www.thebossboard.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site Issues (http://www.thebossboard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Support / Suggestions (http://www.thebossboard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: news and stuff (/showthread.php?tid=821)

Pages: 1 2

news and stuff - [COB] - 06-11-2009

yo Effex, when you post the news on the front page, can you link to the board on the site, so we can read comments/ comment?

also anywhere to donate?

Re: news and stuff - effex - 06-11-2009

The only problem with linking to the board with a news article is that with a news article we don't necessarily know there is going to be a corresponding thread.

This is definitely worth considering and I hadn't put much thought into it.  I will certainly look into this though man. It probably won't be right away though.

As far as donation go, this is something else I have considered. I may have a spot available for donations soon. Sit tight and I appreciate you even making the offer to begin with.

Re: news and stuff - [COB] - 06-11-2009

cheers mate Smile

Re: news and stuff - BIGG Pene - 06-12-2009

Yea Ive thought of that acouple of times the donation thing, I think it would be a great idea if you had one set up and ppl that wanted to could donate to you. It may only cost say $10 to host a website per month but in a year all the fees add up. Not to mention the hours of time spent updating it ect.

Re: news and stuff - effex - 06-12-2009

(06-12-2009, 01:58 AM)Aaron link Wrote:Yea Ive thought of that acouple of times the donation thing, I think it would be a great idea if you had one set up and ppl that wanted to could donate to you. It may only cost say $10 to host a website per month but in a year all the fees add up. Not to mention the hours of time spent updating it ect.

Yes, all the hours and $$$ adds up, LOL!

I just never wanted to be that guy to look like I'm asking for hand outs. I do this for everyone that is as passionate about the music as I am.

We'll see, it can't hurt, the worst someone can do is NOT donate, LOL.

Re: news and stuff - BIGG Pene - 06-12-2009

Put a link somewhere but to be honest I never thought anyone actually used em. You may find some people are generous though!

Re: news and stuff - [COB] - 06-12-2009

its only fair if we donate, without this board id be beyond lost!

its the first place i visit a day, and last!

Re: news and stuff - BIGG Pene - 11-18-2009

ok i know its been awhile and ive been slack but i finally managed to do enough hours this week to think stuff it, also the american dollar is weak so thats a good thing for me.

anyways i just donated $20 US dollars to thebossboard well $15 to effex and $5 for the bossboard fund Smile

i know its not much but im sure every lil bit helps. so if anyone else is interested feel free to add to the collection.

Re: news and stuff - dalj93 - 11-18-2009

(11-18-2009, 06:13 AM)Aaron link Wrote: ok i know its been awhile and ive been slack but i finally managed to do enough hours this week to think stuff it, also the american dollar is weak so thats a good thing for me.

anyways i just donated $20 US dollars to thebossboard well $15 to effex and $5 for the bossboard fund Smile

i know its not much but im sure every lil bit helps. so if anyone else is interested feel free to add to the collection.

damn i'm not good with paypal it doesnt let me use it!

Re: news and stuff - effex - 11-18-2009

Hey I really appreciate the donations guys, that means a lot to me.

I have to renew the site in the next 2 weeks so this will definitely go to good use.

Thanks for the continued support. This website belongs to all of us, so whenever you have an idea or suggestion, please feel free to voice your opinions.