Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DONT LET ANY OTHER HIP HOP CREW THE UGANG IS SPARING WITH GET MORE VIEWS
(09-01-2015, 05:18 PM)Dimos link Wrote:[quote author=Rodger Ramrod link=topic=8549.msg305852#msg305852 date=1441005565]
[quote author=Dimos link=topic=8549.msg305845#msg305845 date=1440849625]
I am a Crooked I and Horseshoe Gang fan, but truth is Funk Volume did demolish Horseshoe Gang with their diss track IMO.
you really think they "demolished" them? the song was dope but their bars were not clever or creative imo. they spit about having more fans, having more money, nobody knows who you are etc. in the most basic fashion, while the shoe gang flexed their lyrical ability with bars. isn't that what a friendly, competitive battle is all about? who's the better rapper? either way, i think its a win-win for both camps.
[/quote]

Exactly my point Funk Volume actually had something to say in their diss track: Horseshoe Gang are broke, unknown, etc. Horseshoe Gang have bars but they aren't saying anything other than they're better lyrically than them. This is not a diss track, Funk Volume were vicious. "Same Day" is soft compared to "Free Meal". Lines like "Fuck Dizzy Midget Wright just for being shorter than five feet and shit", "This nigga spitting like his tongue's missing", "I can put a hole in his illmind", "I'm as hard as trying to deal with your mums passing away", "Yall about as weak as the legs on a starving person", "Yo Dizzy go back to Vegas cause this shit's too big of a gamble"... Come on what's hard about that and they're far from great lines, this is basic too...
[/quote]

"Funk Volume actually had something to say in their diss track: Horseshoe Gang are broke, unknown"

but don't you think thats extremely weak though? its basically an appeal to popularity/money. because they have more money and are more known, therefore funk volume are better or therefore hsg is wack?? by that logic, lil wayne and every single mainstream rapper is better than funk volume and HSG put together because they have more money and are more popular, and funk volume/hsg are wack because they lack popularity and money the mainstream artists have. thats the flaw i see in it. i also see the irony in it all given the fact that hopsin dissed/mocked plenty of rappers who have way more money/fans than him.

" Horseshoe Gang have bars but they aren't saying anything other than they're better lyrically than them"
correct me if im wrong, but isn't being the better rhymers the point of this whole battle? isn't that the point of funk volume's rap battle challenge, is for them to prove they are the best at rapping and can beat anyone? if being better than someone else in terms of lyricism is not main criterion of coming out the victor, then what is?

Messages In This Thread
Re: DONT LET ANY OTHER HIP HOP CREW THE UGANG IS SPARING WITH GET MORE VIEWS - by g-kal2010 - 09-01-2015, 07:34 PM