Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unreleased - "Mike Tyson / Take The Title" Snippet (Death Row)
What's up fellas?

This wasn't mentioned on this site, but I figured I'd post this here for anyone that missed it. There was a dude that bought Suge's briefcase at the Death Row auction and found a Crooked I promo CD in it (had the pic, but lost it) and it contained a track called "Mike Tyson / Take The Title". The track features Eastwood and The Boo Ya Tribe and is apparently a diss track to Lennox Lewis that never got released. In the snippet we hear very familiar lyrics by Crook, but homie that bought the brief case said Eastwood calls Lennox out by name. Anyway, this is the snippet he posted...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/55431659cae2c1aa/

He was going to auction this on eBay, but I don't know what happened. I offered to cop it, but then he started talking $500 or something and I'm like "I'll pass". LOL.

I know it's a real track though, because it's one of the unreleased songs in the Death Row legal documents.
(02-11-2009, 12:30 AM)EFFeX link Wrote: What's up fellas?

This wasn't mentioned on this site, but I figured I'd post this here for anyone that missed it. There was a dude that bought Suge's briefcase at the Death Row auction and found a Crooked I promo CD in it (had the pic, but lost it) and it contained a track called "Mike Tyson / Take The Title". The track features Eastwood and The Boo Ya Tribe and is apparently a diss track to Lennox Lewis that never got released. In the snippet we hear very familiar lyrics by Crook, but homie that bought the brief case said Eastwood calls Lennox out by name. Anyway, this is the snippet he posted...

He was going to auction this on eBay, but I don't know what happened. I offered to cop it, but then he started talking $500 or something and I'm like "I'll pass". LOL.

I know it's a real track though, because it's one of the unreleased songs in the Death Row legal documents.

Would be good to hear the full track.... I dunno bout $500 though! Still why didnt dude upload a snippet of some lyrics we never heard before? Could still be a scam!
(02-11-2009, 12:50 AM)BIGG Pene link Wrote: [quote author=EFFeX link=topic=379.msg2026#msg2026 date=1234326648]
What's up fellas?

Would be good to hear the full track.... I dunno bout $500 though! Still why didnt dude upload a snippet of some lyrics we never heard before? Could still be a scam!
[/quote]

TRUE!

That's why I didn't take the chance. It LOOKED like a legit promo CD, but like I said I lost the photo.

He claims that it's the usual story where Crook spits some lines we already heard and then some we haven't.

I'm guessing if it is a scam, he just found the name of the track and then ran with it. Who knows?
bullet bought it
(02-11-2009, 12:58 AM)Chewee link Wrote: bullet bought it

Bullet should leak it now, LOL!

I probably wouldn't if I was him though, he probably wants to protect his investment.
recycled lyrics on this one??
I haven't heard the snippet yet I'll listen tomorrow...

I do know this tho back in 2001 or 2002 (cant remember)
I was listening to Power106's Big Boy's Neighborhood show in the morning
with guest Suge. Knight stopped by the Neighborhood and brought in
his New project, It was the world premier song named 'So Damn Hood' or 'So Hood' by Crooked I feat Sisqo.

I, my self a Death Row fanatic at the time, knew Suge was bringing
something new to Hip Hop, so I grabbed a cassette tape and started
recording.

it was so cool hearing Crooked I on the radio BUT Big Boy
told Suge "how you gon' have a song called 'So Damn Hood' with Sisqo?" Suge replied something like "well you know Death Row been known to have guys that arent gangsta be gangsta like Dre" Boy Boy then said "but tong song Sisqo?" then
went on to ask him about other projects.

witch leads me to this subject of this Mike Tyson mystery song.
Suge did say he was gonna support Tyson in the fight against
Lewis. and That he had Tyson's back, So the idea of Crooked I
or any artist from Tha Row making a song for Tyson at that time is very
likely.    

(02-11-2009, 01:03 AM)EFFeX link Wrote: [quote author=Chewee link=topic=379.msg2030#msg2030 date=1234328281]
bullet bought it

Bullet should leak it now, LOL!

I probably wouldn't if I was him though, he probably wants to protect his investment.
[/quote]
price wasnt worth it for a cd-r have a feeling its fake
Ohh shit this snippet is the song from Westcoastanostra mixtape..song is called " HOOD NEAR YOU", i knew it.
(02-11-2009, 10:29 AM)Episcop DOC Cvrle link Wrote: Ohh shit this snippet is the song from Westcoastanostra mixtape..song is called " HOOD NEAR YOU", i knew it.

The lyrics at that part, yes, even though he claims there's originals on it.

Who knows... Probably fake. He could have posted up the hook in 96kbps or something, but didn't you know?