Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving music?
I'm going to buy a laptop this week, and was wondering what way to transfer music to my new laptop?

I have like 4k tracks, 15gb.
(01-27-2009, 02:51 PM)IM SO HOOOOOOOD link Wrote: I'm going to buy a laptop this week, and was wondering what way to transfer music to my new laptop?

Do you have a mac or a PC? I think, don't quote me, but there is a way to do a file transfer using a USB cable or something. I'm not totally sure, I'd research the topic.

If your buying a new laptop though, you might as well drop another $90 and pick up an external hard drive. I picked up a 120GB pocket sized one for like $80 a year ago and I'm sure there's better deals now.
(01-27-2009, 03:18 PM)EFFeX link Wrote: [quote author=IM SO HOOOOOOOD link=topic=288.msg1495#msg1495 date=1233082294]
I'm going to buy a laptop this week, and was wondering what way to transfer music to my new laptop?

Do you have a mac or a PC? I think, don't quote me, but there is a way to do a file transfer using a USB cable or something. I'm not totally sure, I'd research the topic.

If your buying a new laptop though, you might as well drop another $90 and pick up an external hard drive. I picked up a 120GB pocket sized one for like $80 a year ago and I'm sure there's better deals now.
[/quote]

Yea thanks, there is a USB cable, but I think just having an external HD would be more useful.
Put them both on the same network (preferably wired) and just copy them over like you would when moving folders on the same PC.
If you have them on the same network you can also configure windows media player to just share them so you can play them on any computer on the network
 Defective Crooked I Robot