Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joebuddentv.com HACKED STAY OUT (Read)
I know several of us are members on Joe's site, so i wanted to alert all the bosses that Budden's site was hacked real bad sometime over night.  All you have to do is browse the forums and whatever the hacker did will get you.  I don't know what it does as far as your PC or user account, but I do know it isn't fixed yet.  I got hit when I was in but unplugged my computer right away and saved it.  I will repost when I get brave enough to go back in
Major props on the info Ak. I browse those forums occasionally but am not signed up as a member. I would've probably got hit today if I hadn't come here & read this first.
No prob, that's exactly why I posted it!
Weren't people saying it had to do with someone's signature yesterday?
I honestly don't know.  I opened a thread, and shortly after pop ups started and I shut it down right away.  Not sure where it started, but I think they know who started it
(02-19-2009, 02:19 PM)Akademic link Wrote: I honestly don't know.  I opened a thread, and shortly after pop ups started and I shut it down right away.  Not sure where it started, but I think they know who started it

Yeah I checked it out, apparently they pin-pointed the user who was causing the trouble.

The problem is that they have allowed HTML in the their threads so it's opening up the door for people to embed malicious code. I didn't notice there was a problem since I have sigs turned off and use Ad Block and NoScript in Firefox. I'm not sure if they fixed it, but everyone is aware of the situation now it looks like.
Gotcha.  I'm concerned then about going to the site at work (where I am now).  I can see me trying to explain that to the boss LOL.....
Is it safe to go back now? I really can't wait to go back to the Joe Budden forum. I miss the extremely high levels of ignorance and stanism  Sad
(02-20-2009, 11:38 AM)alphabet link Wrote: Is it safe to go back now? I really can't wait to go back to the Joe Budden forum. I miss the extremely high levels of ignorance and stanism  Sad

I been back and haven't had any trouble, seems to be under control now.
I been there too, but I noticed the dude who started it (I think anyway) is still posting over there.  If I see his name, I bail lol.......I thinkn it's Gunshi or something