Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truth-Epilog (How do u feel about Crooked Is move not to have a forum or site?)
I really wanna get to the bottom of this.  :-\
(01-14-2009, 04:59 PM)EFFeX link Wrote: If I were him, I'd release BOSS on his iTunes/Amazon deal as a digital download and label it a "Street Album" or "Digital Release", that way it doesn't OFFICIALLY count as his major debut, but also grabs attention and makes dollars.

Block Obama 2 sold like 400 full albums and they (Crooked I and Treacherous) were either not bothered about the project or so broke they couldn't put any marketing $'s behind the project or even turn up to promotional events set up by Ingrooves for the release. The press release was sent to Dubcnn, RealTalkNY and HipHopDX and that was as far as the promotion went.

Any "digital only" release of B.O.S.S. as a street album would be just the same.

I'm starting to think HHW was so successful because it didn't require any business nous, just record the track and email it out to a couple of sites. Crooked I seems to fall down on this releasing an album malarkey because it actually requires more than just recording music.
(01-14-2009, 08:31 PM)4 link Wrote: [quote author=EFFeX link=topic=187.msg778#msg778 date=1231966749]
If I were him, I'd release BOSS on his iTunes/Amazon deal as a digital download and label it a "Street Album" or "Digital Release", that way it doesn't OFFICIALLY count as his major debut, but also grabs attention and makes dollars.

Block Obama 2 sold like 400 full albums and they (Crooked I and Treacherous) were either not bothered about the project or so broke they couldn't put any marketing $'s behind the project or even turn up to promotional events set up by Ingrooves for the release. The press release was sent to Dubcnn, RealTalkNY and HipHopDX and that was as far as the promotion went.

Any "digital only" release of B.O.S.S. as a street album would be just the same.

I'm starting to think HHW was so successful because it didn't require any business nous, just record the track and email it out to a couple of sites. Crooked I seems to fall down on this releasing an album malarkey because it actually requires more than just recording music.
[/quote]

I hear exactly what your saying, I just figured if they wanted to save even more money for not having to manufacture the CDs and booklets etc digital would be the way to go. On the other hand, the obvious downfalls would be that there is no awareness of this product in CD stores. With zero promotion, potential fans will never even know that it dropped. That's a shame about the Ingrooves situation you spoke on, if they utilize that outlet to the fullest extent there could be some serious moves made.
(01-14-2009, 08:31 PM)4 link Wrote: [quote author=EFFeX link=topic=187.msg778#msg778 date=1231966749]
If I were him, I'd release BOSS on his iTunes/Amazon deal as a digital download and label it a "Street Album" or "Digital Release", that way it doesn't OFFICIALLY count as his major debut, but also grabs attention and makes dollars.

[/quote]

Sad, dont even wanna be reminded. >Sad
Im in contact with Kay and have been for years, since he started DEG site and forums, he wanted me to tell u how it all happened :

When Crooked I left Death Row he launched the website westcoastdynasty.com with Jay Kliener aka Wizeguyzz aka Anonymous Boss and myself. The label took off, and within a few months had a major buzz. So we launched DynastyEntGroup.com because "WestcoastDynasty" wasnt official sounding, and with the name "westcoast" as part of the domain, it wouldnt allow for a demographic growth. We handelled everything "online", me from the UK and Jay from California. My contact with Crooked I was bi-monthly, and I had my own management company at the time, so Jay was the source for everything from Photographs, to videos. In 2005/2006 Jay went AWOL, I didn't speak to him at all for over 12 month and Crooked I didnt see him for about that long too. I was still in contact with Croooked, so we kept the websites online, and updated. I was multi-tasking at that time with an artist I was managing in the UK called DeNada, we just had a hit record. So due to Jay's absence there were no new pictures, no videos, the Dynasty TV and Boss Society projects didnt happen etc etc. Then Peter Stannard, a good friend of mine came on board to keep pushing the site, he re-designed everything and did a great job with email marketing for HHW, I think he was the source for a lot of Magazine features too. When Peter (also from the UK) basically "took over" with the help of Mickey @ Treacherous and Crooked. The website shot right up on Alexa/hit counter charts, the site was getting an enormous amount of traffic. Then Jay came back on the scene, was feeling "left out", and demanding everything was "moved" to his domain name "westcoastdynasty.com". Jay changed all of the logos on DynastyEntGroup.com to WestcoastDynasty, all kinds of childish shit. So Peter refused to work on westcoastdynasty.com for numerous reasons, knowing that Jay changes things and likes to do things his own way. I didnt get involved. So the DEG/DOC website was closed last year as a result of Jay threatening lawsuits and all kinds of nonsence. I decided that Jay could do his thing with westcoastdynasty.com (his domain) as I didnt have time going back and forth with him. I let Crooked know about all this, and he showed appreciation, and I've offered him the website back/relaunched, but according to a friend of his, he doesnt want any websites or forums right now, either way, respect to Crooked.

I wish all of the old members well, regards, Kay.

Sucks it had to go down that way. Crooked will be back though with an official site. Too many reasons why its a good idea to have one. Forum or no forum having a source to distribute his music is key. Also during promotions you want/need an official site, not telling people to go to his myspace. I'd be more than happy to handle it all if Kay or the others are too busy. However I can understand his lack of interest after what happened with the last one.
Sounds like Crook might have not wanted to be in the middle of the situation and separated himself from it. It's too bad too, all the casual fans are left in the dark.
Just looking around, also doesn't help that Jay's registered just about all the possible domains you'd want to use for Dynasty/COB. Anyone got some good suggestions for domains, I'll register some incase.
the guy with the 3-4 aka´s is the bitch here...u gotta regonize that.
(01-15-2009, 01:00 PM)EFFeX link Wrote: Sounds like Crook might have not wanted to be in the middle of the situation and separated himself from it. It's too bad too, all the casual fans are left in the dark.

could be the reason, tho he could have done that smoother, anyway, we are at the new doc aka bossboard, maybe there will be a chance to merge old forum database and this,