Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Dead Or Alive?
(08-03-2009, 06:57 PM)DALJ link Wrote: Lol what you mean we need to get out more you need to listen carefully to the legends!

o i listen to the legends, they are good, but im not the type to hop on a bandwagon because somebody dies
(08-04-2009, 12:18 PM)ThaHolyChronic link Wrote: [quote author=DALJ link=topic=2141.msg259259#msg259259 date=1249340245]
Lol what you mean we need to get out more you need to listen carefully to the legends!

o i listen to the legends, they are good, but im not the type to hop on a bandwagon because somebody dies
[/quote]

if i made a legends list it would be

Big Daddy Kane
Kool G Rap
Rakim
Big Pun
Big L

its just common sense that as the years go by the quality of rhymes get better, its evolution, thats why my original list is current rappers
ye thats true but 2Pac was ahead of his time his raps recorded then are still equally good in todays market/ rap!
Only list of mine that 2pac would be #1 on is most overrated. owww *ducks for cover*
In no particular order-
crooked
eminem
biggie
pac

the fifth is a hard one, pound for pound i like sly boogie but i suppose he hasn't done enough to warrant top 5, but anyone of KRS, early kurupt, early snoop as well
1 - 2Pac (Content and overall depth)
2 - Biggie
3 - Crooked I
4 - Big L
5 - Nas
(08-04-2009, 12:45 PM)alphabet link Wrote: Only list of mine that 2pac would be #1 on is most overrated. owww *ducks for cover*

How us he overrated he brought out great music that came straight from the heart and he has touched millions if people to there heart obviously not you! He deserves numba 1 because he was an all round rapper he was the realist ever he could be a story teller he could be lyrical any rapper you look for un pac its there (positively) 
Int his order:

2Pac - Biggest thing was the lyrics.  They say it's not what you say, but how you say it.  Pac made them both important!  When his music comes on, to this day it's an indescribable feeling.

Royce - Haven't heard anyone spit with more emotion since Pac.  If royce made more songs with meaning I think he could take #1 on my list.  He is so versitle with his flow, and a very talented storyteller.

Crooked I - By far the most skilled MC of all time....by a mile!!  Again, like Royce I'd like to hear more real songs with meaining, and that emotion.  I know he can do it, because he does some of the time!

Nas - Been doin it for a long time.  His storytelling sets him apart from everyone on this list.  I actually think his downfall is that he is too political, and some of his songs rub me the wrong way *pause*

WOW, I'm gonna hear it for this last one but, number 5.........

Joe Budden - Yes, his skill is not up to par with the other 4 here, but he does have enough of it.  His lyrics, storytelling, and emotion put him up here.  Love him or hate him, you can't listen to a Joe Budden album and not feel something!  

(08-05-2009, 09:05 AM)Akademic link Wrote: Joe Budden - Yes, his skill is not up to par with the other 4 here, but he does have enough of it.  His lyrics, storytelling, and emotion put him up here.  Love him or hate him, you can't listen to a Joe Budden album and not feel something!

Booooo!! *throws rocks*
(08-05-2009, 10:14 AM)alphabet link Wrote: [quote author=Akademic link=topic=2141.msg259331#msg259331 date=1249477530]Joe Budden - Yes, his skill is not up to par with the other 4 here, but he does have enough of it.  His lyrics, storytelling, and emotion put him up here.  Love him or hate him, you can't listen to a Joe Budden album and not feel something!

Booooo!! *throws rocks*
[/quote]

lol haha lmao!