Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Dead Or Alive?
man dont any of u guys listen to underground hip hop?  i mean under the underground like deep lol
1. Tupac
2. Crooked
3. Biggie
4. Eminem

I just got 4 everyone else is just rappers to me they got some good shit some wack shit thts just how i feel
(08-05-2009, 10:14 AM)alphabet link Wrote: [quote author=Akademic link=topic=2141.msg259331#msg259331 date=1249477530]Joe Budden - Yes, his skill is not up to par with the other 4 here, but he does have enough of it.  His lyrics, storytelling, and emotion put him up here.  Love him or hate him, you can't listen to a Joe Budden album and not feel something!

Booooo!! *throws rocks*
[/quote]

"WOW, I'm gonna hear it for this last one but, number 5........."

With that comment alphabet, I was referring to you LOL...I would have been dissapointed if you didn't reply.  If the list was based on 100% skill, I'd leave Joey off, but I take it to be all around.  I just don't understand how you think he's so boring.  Then again....I find Jay Z boring, and obviously I am in the minority on that one
(08-05-2009, 02:41 PM)Akademic link Wrote: "WOW, I'm gonna hear it for this last one but, number 5........."

With that comment alphabet, I was referring to you LOL...I would have been dissapointed if you didn't reply.

I know, I didn't want to respond but after that comment I felt obliged to Sad
hahaha, thanks!  In all seriousness I'm surprised I don't see Royce on more peoples lists in here.  He can do it all when he wants to.  I think Street Hop will definitely put him in this discussion for those who do not have him there.
(08-06-2009, 09:56 AM)Akademic link Wrote: hahaha, thanks!  In all seriousness I'm surprised I don't see Royce on more peoples lists in here.  He can do it all when he wants to.  I think Street Hop will definitely put him in this discussion for those who do not have him there.

Royce was border line for my top 5, he nearly made it. Looking forward to Street Hop too, been waiting too long for that to drop!
pac/cube/nas/chino/meth
em
crook
andre
jay
nas
5] Joe Budden

4] Nas/Biggie

3] Crooked I

2] Eminem

1] Jay-Z
well my top 5 always changes cause i can't just make a periminent list when there are more than a handful of talented classic artists old or new. pac is the only rapper who has consistently stayed in my top 5 from the beginning, and crooked has been in my top 5 list for the last 3 years.

here is my top 5 now (no joke)

pac
crooked i
talib kweli
one-2 (yeah i said it, mr. xpand with only 4 mixtapes out under the radar is in my top 5
what!!)
mykestro (yeah stro too in MY TOP 5, He hit the right notes with me as an mc so there!)