Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slaughterhouse's "This Is 50 Festival" Performance - 10/03/09 (Pics / Video)
the crowd was definately not feeling them at all they fucking brainwashed! They should have done some solo joints and Crooked should have done dream big or new west anthem (definately should have done this track i think its the closest he gone to the maintstream with this but he lost it without a music video!) or he should have done the freestyle from hip hop weekly 'Forgive ME'!!!!
(10-05-2009, 12:57 PM)DALJ link Wrote: Crooked should have done dream big or new west anthem (definately should have done this track i think its the closest he gone to the maintstream with this but he lost it without a music video!

A couple weeks ago he performed his new single "Guess Who's Back". He needs to keep pushing that. Of course no one has heard it yet outside that show.

We need that song, to start getting people excited again.
I'm reposting my comment on the SH performance footage from the Budden board here because trying to get an intelligent discussion going there is like trying to fight a flood with teaspoons:

Note to SH: don't do The One or Sound Off live. Men can't sing the chorus and the instrumental for Sound Off is a sleeper.
(10-05-2009, 04:51 PM)anita_job link Wrote: I'm reposting my comment on the SH performance footage from the Budden board here because trying to get an intelligent discussion going there is like trying to fight a flood with teaspoons:

Note to SH: don't do The One or Sound Off live. Men can't sing the chorus and the instrumental for Sound Off is a sleeper.

LOL... They performed "The One" @ one of the shows I went too. It was a little awkward.

As far as "Sound Off" goes, I agree, not exactly the best live show song. I understand why they would want to perform it, but the beat is very quiet at points. It's a little too hard to reproduce the energy produced by the album recording.
(10-05-2009, 05:06 PM)EFFeX link Wrote: As far as "Sound Off" goes, I agree, not exactly the best live show song. I understand why they would want to perform it, but the beat is very quiet at points. It's a little too hard to reproduce the energy produced by the album recording.

I never really felt that song but they murdered it lyrically and Joell's flow was a jaw-dropper so I respect it. It just doesn't work live, and they have so many other songs (Move On, Whack MCs, or whatever) that they could do if they need to take up some time.
(10-05-2009, 05:31 PM)anita_job link Wrote: [quote author=EFFeX link=topic=2507.msg262015#msg262015 date=1254776785]As far as "Sound Off" goes, I agree, not exactly the best live show song. I understand why they would want to perform it, but the beat is very quiet at points. It's a little too hard to reproduce the energy produced by the album recording.

I never really felt that song but they murdered it lyrically and Joell's flow was a jaw-dropper so I respect it. It just doesn't work live, and they have so many other songs (Move On, Whack MCs, or whatever) that they could do if they need to take up some time.
[/quote]
Although I havent had the chance to actually see them live, the footage Ive seen of them coming on to the stage seperate for Sound Off works for me. I think its a pretty cool intro to the show.
Damn... Crook's flow is kind of weak live...
(10-05-2009, 05:06 PM)EFFeX link Wrote: As far as "Sound Off" goes, I agree, not exactly the best live show song. I understand why they would want to perform it, but the beat is very quiet at points. It's a little too hard to reproduce the energy produced by the album recording.
Heavily disagree. At the Atlanta show a couple weeks back, they destroyed the track, with all four of them crushing their verses, including Crook. The song is a great way to start a performance. I think they just hit the liquor a lil too hard prior to hitting the stage.
Added another couple pictures into the mix.