Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U Like Movies? Golden Globe n Oscars coming. Great Movies.
since im a movie freak i decided to send this and remind u that u dont forget to catch some of those great flicks, get the torrents working or just go to the nearest cinema:

just bolded some of them i saw that are amazing flicks:

66th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees

Best Motion Picture - Drama

- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)  (amazing)
- Frost/Nixon (2008)
- The Reader (2008)
- Revolutionary Road (2008)
- Slumdog Millionaire (2008) (amazing)

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy

- Burn After Reading (2008)

- Happy-Go-Lucky (2008)
- In Bruges (2008)
- Mamma Mia! (2008)
- Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama

- Leonardo DiCaprio for Revolutionary Road (2008)
- Frank Langella for Frost/Nixon (2008)
- Sean Penn for Milk (2008)
- Brad Pitt for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
- Mickey Rourke for The Wrestler (2008)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama

- Anne Hathaway for Rachel Getting Married (2008)
- Angelina Jolie for Changeling (2008)
- Meryl Streep for Doubt (2008)
- Kristin Scott Thomas for Il y a longtemps que je t’aime (2008)
- Kate Winslet for Revolutionary Road (2008)
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy

- Javier Bardem for Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
- Colin Farrell for In Bruges (2008)
- James Franco for Pineapple Express (2008)
- Brendan Gleeson for In Bruges (2008)
- Dustin Hoffman for Last Chance Harvey (2008)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy

- Rebecca Hall for Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
- Sally Hawkins for Happy-Go-Lucky (2008)
- Frances McDormand for Burn After Reading (2008)
- Meryl Streep for Mamma Mia! (2008)
- Emma Thompson for Last Chance Harvey (2008)
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture

- Tom Cruise for Tropic Thunder (2008)
- Robert Downey Jr. for Tropic Thunder (2008)
- Ralph Fiennes for The Duchess (2008)
- Philip Seymour Hoffman for Doubt (2008)
- Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight (2008)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture

- Amy Adams for Doubt (2008)
- Penélope Cruz for Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
- Viola Davis for Doubt (2008)
- Marisa Tomei for The Wrestler (2008)
- Kate Winslet for The Reader (2008)
a friend also big on movies was tellin me that slumdog millionaire is a really good movie. Top 5 of 08.

also he gave me a digital copy of Primer. This movie lost me out of my mind. after watching it the first time, it had me going what the heck was that?

Primer had a budget of $7000 dollars, its about these two guys who like event a time traveling box and they try to go back in time and thats when all these time paradoxes happen and it all gets realy confusing. look it up, it came out in 04 and  in the most part, people say its been getting realy good reviews.

i think im going to have to view it 3 more times to really see what is goin on? and $7000 movie budget may sound bad, but the movie turned out really well. it starts off slow, but it picks up like 20 minutes into the movie.

not surprised that Legger one, he was amazing in TDK, "I think you and I are destined to do this forever.." :'( :'( :'(
Anyone actually catch the Golden Globes I forgot it was on and only started watching around when Spielberg won his award.
didn't watch it^.

since we are in the topic of movies, I don't know if crvle or u or somebody can help me id these 3 movies.  from late 80s-early 90s.

I've watched them when i was young, i just cant remember the title and i wanna watch them again.

1.) This one I never got to finish. IIRC, i watch this on betamax(eek!).  The story is about this chick who plays an angel, and she likes drops down to earth.  Some dude finds her, and he likes takes care of her and teaches her how to be human, how to speak and stuff, they fall in love and theres like people after them and I never got to finish this movie, and who knows whats movie this is? Its not meg ryan and nicholas cage city of angels thats for sure.

2.)  This one is like those sci-fi fantasy movies. They have this baby that's like being hunted down by bad guys and they have like abunch of kids or is it dwarfs that try to protect the baby and stuff, and theres like a dragon in the movie. anyone know?

3.) this last one is like futuristic type setting. Its about aboy who is like mute and he fins like a crystal ball and theres like teenagers who like roller blades and help him and stuff. ?

if you guys know what movies i'm talking about that be great.
(01-13-2009, 02:34 AM)Carter link Wrote: didn't watch it^.

since we are in the topic of movies, I don't know if crvle or u or somebody can help me id these 3 movies.  from late 80s-early 90s.

I've watched them when i was young, i just cant remember the title and i wanna watch them again.

1.) This one I never got to finish. IIRC, i watch this on betamax(eek!).  The story is about this chick who plays an angel, and she likes drops down to earth.  Some dude finds her, and he likes takes care of her and teaches her how to be human, how to speak and stuff, they fall in love and theres like people after them and I never got to finish this movie, and who knows whats movie this is? Its not meg ryan and nicholas cage city of angels thats for sure.

2.)  This one is like those sci-fi fantasy movies. They have this baby that's like being hunted down by bad guys and they have like abunch of kids or is it dwarfs that try to protect the baby and stuff, and theres like a dragon in the movie. anyone know?

3.) this last one is like futuristic type setting. Its about aboy who is like mute and he fins like a crystal ball and theres like teenagers who like roller blades and help him and stuff. ?

if you guys know what movies i'm talking about that be great.

second one is Ron Howards "WILLOW" thats 100%

other two i cannot guess, first one is a bit similar to NELL that starts Jodie Foster and Liam Neeson.
(01-13-2009, 02:34 AM)Carter link Wrote: 3.) this last one is like futuristic type setting. Its about aboy who is like mute and he fins like a crystal ball and theres like teenagers who like roller blades and help him and stuff. ?

Solarbabies?
Thanks bosses! 

man im so glad i stumbled across this post!! ive been lookin for this movie since i was a kid  to never new wot it was called n no one cld help me and yeha it is willow !!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=D-P03NGSP6Y

wot a classic