Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study finds link between cell phones and brain tumors

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569465,00.html

Quote: A groundbreaking, $30 million study into cell phones has found a link between long term use and brain tumors.

The World Health Organization is about to reveal that its decade-long investigation has found the devices can lead to cancer — and the internationally-respected body will soon issue a public health message with its findings, London’s Daily Telegraph reported today.

The conclusion goes against years of assurances by cell phone companies and scientists that cell phone use is safe.

But last month, Sen. Arlen Specter, D- Pa., organized Senate hearings to examine health implications of talking on-the-go.

The WHO’s Interphone investigation’s results showed, "a significantly increased risk" of some brain tumors "related to use of mobile phones for a period of ten years or more," the Telegraph reported.

The study’s head, Dr. Elisabeth Cardis, said, "In the absence of definitive results and in the light of a number of studies which, though limited, suggest a possible effect of radiofrequency radiation, precautions are important."

Does this make you think twice about using your cell phone or do you look at this study/article and not take it seriously?
I think cell phones are way too much of a convenience for articles like this to dramatically effect the public. Information like this would have slowed down the rise of cell phones if it was surfaced before the cellular market blew up, but now that it is in full force I don't see the public changing their ways too much. Pesonally I don't spend much time actually talking with the phone up to my head so I'm not too worried. Plus I smoke so unfortunately cancer may already be part of my life.

I don't know if anyone has seen it, but there is a video out there where multiple people hold their phones over a popcorn kernel and the radiation/microwaves cause it to pop. It is terrible to think that is what is happening to our brain, but home phones at this point are almost obsolete.
meh i am gonna die one way or another
(10-28-2009, 09:31 AM)©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link Wrote:I think cell phones are way too much of a convenience for articles like this to dramatically effect the public. Information like this would have slowed down the rise of cell phones if it was surfaced before the cellular market blew up, but now that it is in full force I don't see the public changing their ways too much.

people would rather knowingly get a brain tumor to be able to enjoy their cell phone. i bet they knew as they did the testing on the amounts of radiation that it would end up causing brain tumors long term. but it was such a huge money maker that they probably paid people off to keep quiet about it.

(10-28-2009, 09:31 AM)©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link Wrote:Personally I don't spend much time actually talking with the phone up to my head so I'm not too worried.

c/s same here. i have a nextel and the majority of my usage it's nowhere near my head, just using the 2 way.

it worries me about people in my family that i could tell about this and they would laugh in my face and still spend hours a day with their cell phone an inch from their brain. like dont you get some kinda hint that something is wrong when you're on a cell phone for a little bit and your ear/head starts to feel hot? like wtf

(10-28-2009, 09:31 AM)©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link Wrote:I don't know if anyone has seen it, but there is a video out there where multiple people hold their phones over a popcorn kernel and the radiation/microwaves cause it to pop. It is terrible to think that is what is happening to our brain, but home phones at this point are almost obsolete.

wtffff... i've never seen that video but now i'm tempted to search for it
Trying to live without a cell phone sounds like way more of a hassle than a brain tumor.
headset ftw
I dont think 3 billion + people will give up there phones!