Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truth-Epilog (How do u feel about Crooked Is move not to have a forum or site?)
Just wanted to see what u think, since u know we all here were part of OG DEG-DOC forums that were active since 2004. After 4 years DYNASTYENTGROUP AND DOC forums closed cause wizzeguyz and Crooked felt thers no need for the site and forums at all. Forum had over 10 000 members who participated in Crookeds online promotion for free, (just example DOC mixtape called Evolution Of A Boss was made outta nutting and had huuge internet buzz, tape was downloaded more the 200 000 times in few months,), forum members kept participated in keepin Crooked I name alive on the intrenet with those DOC mixtapes, Boss Blends, HHW mixtapes, members of the forums posted videos and songs on youtube,made their own blogspots about Crooked, posted news on numerous forums from dubcc to wcrydaz to streethop etc etc etc, i can go on and on what DOC members did...

Other then that we had people like Kay and his right hand Peter Stannard who were keeping the site and forums alive for 4 years with their own knowledge and money (guess u know having a site big as D:E:G was cost money) , designed, redesingned DYNASTY ENTERTAIMENT site and forums numerous times, wrote press releases, sent millions of emails to DJs, labels....i mean ton of work.

After all those years administrators needed help from Crooked to keep the site alive and Crooked answered to that with few words like: Thanx for the all u have done.  In this time i no longer need DEG site and forums running. Thank You.

How do u feel about this situation as Crooked I fan and DOC member?
The community on that site went a long way to promoting Crooked I into the artist he is.  That site made people listen to him that otherwise may not have.  200,000 downloads on a tape our site put together says a lot.  Not to mention the countless phone calls to radio stations, posting songs in other forums, and defending the countless pushbacks. 

Part of me says Crooked turned his back on his fans.  Another part of me says I am just a fan, and have no idea what was going on behind the scenes.  However, the site was such a huge asset to him, I just don't understand why he would not want it up and running.  I support Crooked I to the fullest despite his MANY questionable career decisions, and I just hope it all works out for him. 

The DOC was hands down the best online community on the web, and I hope this site continues to grow, and can represent as well....
(01-13-2009, 11:08 AM)Akademic link Wrote: Part of me says Crooked turned his back on his fans.

Crooked I said "Fuck you" by allowing the D.O.C., who are/where Crooked I's most hardcore and loyal supporters, to close down. After all the work each supporter had done over the last 4+ years, and not for money but for the love of the music, for Crooked I to allow the site and forum to close down is the biggest insult he could have given.

And purely from a business point of view, if I was branding myself as a boss, CEO, VP of Treacherous, best in the West, or whatever, it doesn't reflect well on me when I am shopping myself to labels and they find out that my "official" site and forum had to be closed down because I wasn't willing to put $100 behind it each month?
Although I have no idea what Crook's intentions are with his web presence I can say this much. A website is CRUCIAL and an absolute necessity for an up-and-coming artist of any genre in 2009. It's cliche, but this is the digital age. With records sales at an all time low, there's no better way to connect with the fans and push your product than letting them access it directly through their home computer or mobile device. Hopefully this site can do a little damage control, LOL.
I like Crooked I's music, but it all stops right there for me.
Personally, I don't understand it.  Is there ever a reason why you would not want a site like that? One which supported and provided so much?  

Especially in the absence of an official REAL and PROFESSIONALLY run site... when you're claiming to be the king of the internet?

The amount of work, time, and the collection of material.. there were archives of lyrics, collections of songs from his entire catalogue, videos, transcripts, and updates from not only people who are connected... but just fans and DJs who support him.  These are the same people trying to help his exposure.. the same ones who were riding with Hip-Hop Weekly..

I feel bad for the guys who ran the DOC site because they cared a lot about their content and did it right... and did it out of their own pocket.  That's maybe the most discouraging part to me.
(01-13-2009, 12:24 PM)Snake Eyez link Wrote: Personally, I don't understand it.  Is there ever a reason why you would not want a site like that? One which supported and provided so much?  

Especially in the absence of an official REAL and PROFESSIONALLY run site... when you're claiming to be the king of the internet?

The amount of work, time, and the collection of material.. there were archives of lyrics, collections of songs from his entire catalogue, videos, transcripts, and updates from not only people who are connected... but just fans and DJs who support him.  These are the same people trying to help his exposure.. the same ones who were riding with Hip-Hop Weekly..

I feel bad for the guys who ran the DOC site because they cared a lot about their content and did it right... and did it out of their own pocket.  That's maybe the most discouraging part to me.

Well said.
(01-13-2009, 12:24 PM)Snake Eyez link Wrote: Personally, I don't understand it.  Is there ever a reason why you would not want a site like that? One which supported and provided so much?  

Great post, i forgot how much time people lost by doing lyrics to the songs, just hhw took ages to transcribe. I remember when i did DISCOGRAPHY, it took me months even with the help of numerous members who updated and helped all that..now its all gone. Its tragedy.

Im glad we on the same page here.
It seems to me that you guys have failed to nitice one thing...that the DOC lives on through this site and maybe Crooked I knew it would so he didn't need people to run it from under his nose and he's just left it to the fans to continue??

Personally, i think Crooked will open a new site for COB Records, he has too.  It is a shame that he closed it down but hey sometimes you have to tear it all down and start again!

The Boss Board could be the beginning of something serious!

Peace
(01-13-2009, 04:01 PM)CheGuevara link Wrote: It seems to me that you guys have failed to nitice one thing...that the DOC lives on through this site and maybe Crooked I knew it would so he didn't need people to run it from under his nose and he's just left it to the fans to continue??

Personally, i think Crooked will open a new site for COB Records, he has too.  It is a shame that he closed it down but hey sometimes you have to tear it all down and start again!

The Boss Board could be the beginning of something serious!

Peace

I agree that I hope this site helps out all it can. However, I'm not so sure that it was a great idea to just tear down and start over. I mean if they are going to pay for a site for COB Records, they might as well paid for DEG/DOC site too right? Only time will tell what the next move is. Whether or not they launch a new site you guys can rest assured that this site will live on. I didn't start coding this and droppin' loot for nothing, LOL!