Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joell Ortiz & Frequency - "Road Kill" (Mixtape)
This was a great tape, no doubt. Personally, I liked "Covering the Classics" better, but I can't front on the tape. He did an excellent job switching up his flow and covering different subject matters/stories... it wasn't just a punchline/rapping tape like many others.

My one disappointment was that there were only two/three songs that hadn't come out prior to the full mixtape. Granted, one of them ("Stalker") was one of my favorite joints off the tape, but that disappointed me to not get a lot of new material.

Joell's future plans are: 1. Drop a mixtape with Novel later this month. 2. Release the Pre Agent (mixtape/EP? I dunno what this is) in January. 3. Record a Road Kill 2 while in Europe (January/February). 4. Release the Free Agent on February 23rd.

I can't wait. YAOWWWWWA.
(12-19-2009, 12:42 PM)Suburban Reject link Wrote:This was a great tape, no doubt. Personally, I liked "Covering the Classics" better, but I can't front on the tape. He did an excellent job switching up his flow and covering different subject matters/stories... it wasn't just a punchline/rapping tape like many others.

My one disappointment was that there were only two/three songs that hadn't come out prior to the full mixtape. Granted, one of them ("Stalker") was one of my favorite joints off the tape, but that disappointed me to not get a lot of new material.

Joell's future plans are: 1. Drop a mixtape with Novel later this month. 2. Release the Pre Agent (mixtape/EP? I dunno what this is) in January. 3. Record a Road Kill 2 while in Europe (January/February). 4. Release the Free Agent on February 23rd.

I can't wait. YAOWWWWWA.

Hell yeah man thats alot of material and thats how your supposed to grind before an album drops!! Good job Joell!!
The best thing about Joell is that he's fairly reliable on release dates, unlike say Joe or Crooked. He's clearly the hungriest of the group, and is dying to prove himself.

And he stays droppin freestyles damn near everyday.
Im so behind on everything! My internet going down this last month reminded me of when the DOC went down.... PANIC!!!!!!! lol
Just gave this a spin, its absolute fire, got me really hyped for the album. If he can get the right production it could be a quality album.
Damn cant stop listening to this mixtape sounds more like a full album!