Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wav samples needed
1st beat - liking those claps bro, deep sounding track, i like it. I could imagine crooked on some emotional shit on that one..
2nd beat - sounds like its got a summer vibe to it, again its nice.
3rd beat - a bit slow for my personal taste but it sounds like its put together well and sounds good.

makes me feel very ametuer ! ha ha..some good shit there bro, u got a myspace or anything?

(01-02-2010, 07:10 PM)Oh Genius link Wrote:[quote author=frisch213 link=topic=2962.msg265601#msg265601 date=1262470945]
let me hear your beats oh genius/effex, u got any u can upload?

Here's three snippets of beats I don't plan to use for my album that I'm willing to share. They still have annoying and random tags though because I'm still protective of them...sorry about that lol.

http://usershare.net/5u0ivcphxrdu

1st beat - Kinda epic I guess. Sounds a bit like film music. No sample used.
2nd beat - Classic soul sample used.
3rd beat - Mellow R&B track. No sample used.
[/quote]
The first one was sick, it did have that epic/movie feel to it. The second one sounds a lot like a track that either J Dilla or Madlib did, I cant remember which one it was. I am pretty sure you used the same sample that they did. I'm not saying you copied or anything, I actually think its cool that people unknowingly make similar stuff, it shows we are all connected. The third one was good too, had a nice soft, smooth vibe. Your good man, you should let us all know when you drop your album. Wink
Thanks to both of you for taking the time to give feedback. It's appreciated.

(01-05-2010, 03:56 PM)frisch213 link Wrote:1st beat - liking those claps bro, deep sounding track, i like it. I could imagine crooked on some emotional shit on that one..
2nd beat - sounds like its got a summer vibe to it, again its nice.
3rd beat - a bit slow for my personal taste but it sounds like its put together well and sounds good.

makes me feel very ametuer ! ha ha..some good shit there bro, u got a myspace or anything?

The fact that you can hear Crooked on the first one fills me with a lot of encouragement...that made my day! I have a MySpace, but nothing worthwhile is on there at the moment. I'll put some work in to one soon.

(01-05-2010, 04:20 PM)©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link Wrote:The first one was sick, it did have that epic/movie feel to it. The second one sounds a lot like a track that either J Dilla or Madlib did, I cant remember which one it was. I am pretty sure you used the same sample that they did. I'm not saying you copied or anything, I actually think its cool that people unknowingly make similar stuff, it shows we are all connected. The third one was good too, had a nice soft, smooth vibe. Your good man, you should let us all know when you drop your album. Wink

Yea, you have a good ear for samples - it's "The Trammps - Rubber Band" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXeMBLKgi8g). I'm not sure who used the same part of the sample I did, but it's a classic track (also sampled for "Hate It Or Love It"), so I wouldn't be surprised if it had already been used. It's one of the first beats I ever made and I'd highly recommend sampling to those who are new to producing.

I hope to have a mixtape out by the end of this year, so I'll definitely let you guys know when that drops. And these tracks I posted should all have vocals on them for the mixtape. The tracks I have saved so far for the album though...Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin