Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it me, or are there similarities in the HSG and D-12 (minus wack-ass Bizarre)
Does anyone else think that dice deniro is out of his depth in the hsg? If d12 are like hsg then deniro is definately bizarre. Of course he is a better rapper than bizzare but he's not up to the standard of the other three.
(01-13-2010, 05:28 AM)bigradgeandy link Wrote:Does anyone else think that dice deniro is out of his depth in the hsg? If d12 are like hsg then deniro is definately bizarre. Of course he is a better rapper than bizzare but he's not up to the standard of the other three.

In a word.....ABSOLUTELY!  Like you said though, it's not that he's bad, but the others are so good!  Dice always has the same flow it seems, and I still don't like how many times he stole other artists lines on HSG album
^^yeah man, don't won't to give the guy any hate or anything because I don't think he's bad but the other 3 are amazing. To be honest I have been absolutely blown away with the HSG gang in 2009. I liked a couple of the verses from their appearences on the young boss mixtapes etc but I never forseen just how good they were going to be.

I noticed that dice didn't do a verse on "you don't wanna fuck with me", to be honest I don't blame him, he must have heard the other verses and been like "fuck, how do people rap like that"
(01-13-2010, 12:40 PM)bigradgeandy link Wrote:^^yeah man, don't won't to give the guy any hate or anything because I don't think he's bad but the other 3 are amazing. To be honest I have been absolutely blown away with the HSG gang in 2009. I liked a couple of the verses from their appearences on the young boss mixtapes etc but I never forseen just how good they were going to be.

I noticed that dice didn't do a verse on "you don't wanna fuck with me", to be honest I don't blame him, he must have heard the other verses and been like "fuck, how do people rap like that"

Yeah I noticed that too.  That's probably my favorite song on the HSG album too.  They just tore it down.  To be honest I liked it a lot more than PFWW...
(01-13-2010, 12:40 PM)bigradgeandy link Wrote:I noticed that dice didn't do a verse on "you don't wanna fuck with me", to be honest I don't blame him, he must have heard the other verses and been like "fuck, how do people rap like that"

It would have been weird having all 5 spit a verse on there in my opinion, like not balanced. Maybe it was his turn to sit out, Kenny Seigel was missing on one of the songs too I think. Plus when they were doing the weeklies not everyone had a verse on every song. But I agree that would have been an intimidating track to jump in on.
(01-13-2010, 02:51 PM)©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link Wrote:[quote author=bigradgeandy link=topic=2976.msg266135#msg266135 date=1263400817]

It would have been weird having all 5 spit a verse on there in my opinion, like not balanced. Maybe it was his turn to sit out, Kenny Seigel was missing on one of the songs too I think. Plus when they were doing the weeklies not everyone had a verse on every song. But I agree that would have been an intimidating track to jump in on.
[/quote]

There are only 4 official members to Horse Shoe Gang Wink However, I assume your counting Crooked as well.

Anyway, yeah, I noticed that Dice wasn't on several songs on the project. That was a little bit of a let down for me as I dig the way that his sound is a little different from the rest of the crew's. However, it's just like you said, it's hard to have everyone on every single song. It would get a little redundant.

Actually, I think that Horse Shoe G.A.N.G. succeeded in several areas where Slaughterhouse MAY have went wrong on their album. Don't get me wrong, I love the Slaughterhouse project. I think that The Horse Shoes changed it up better and kept the album more diverse. They allowed each other to shine in different ways on the project. I hope to see more scaled down songs on Slaughterhouse 2.
(01-13-2010, 03:14 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link=topic=2976.msg266151#msg266151 date=1263408699]
[quote author=bigradgeandy link=topic=2976.msg266135#msg266135 date=1263400817]

[/quote]

There are only 4 official members to Horse Shoe Gang Wink However, I assume your counting Crooked as well.

Anyway, yeah, I noticed that Dice wasn't on several songs on the project. That was a little bit of a let down for me as I dig the way that his sound is a little different from the rest of the crew's. However, it's just like you said, it's hard to have everyone on every single song. It would get a little redundant.

Actually, I think that Horse Shoe G.A.N.G. succeeded in several areas where Slaughterhouse MAY have went wrong on their album. Don't get me wrong, I love the Slaughterhouse project. I think that The Horse Shoes changed it up better and kept the album more diverse. They allowed each other to shine in different ways on the project. I hope to see more scaled down songs on Slaughterhouse 2.
[/quote]
Yea i was including Crook in the 5.  It would just be weird to have 5 full verses on that song. I wouldnt mind seeing a song on the new Slaughter album with Royce and Crook (like gun harmonizing), and then another with Joell and Joe. It seems like Royce and Crook are tight, and Joell and Joe are tight. Having every person on every track can be redundant cause then every song is structured basically the same with the exception of shared verses like Joell and Joe in "the one". Just a thought on how they could "shine" more on certain tracks.

[/quote]
U just said exactly what i thought about the HSG! 3 of the 4 members were rapping individually on the intro (KS), interlude (JL) and the outro (DC) and actually i thought that was one of the good traits of Gangsta M.C. is that certain members would sit out to let the other ones shine! I've noticed that on Mick's Tape that julius rapped on track 13, kenny on 14 and capone on 15. It would be tight if each hsg member made a full solo record to see how they are by one self. That should be one of their ideas for their next lp. I agree about slaughterhouse they should break up the records and narrow it down to 2 members rapping a couple of joints instead of all four on every record.
Out the gate.. D12 is nowhere near the level of HSG. If I had to pick the emcee that grabs my attention the most when they are on a track is Dice.
None of them are better than another one...imo. Comparable to Bizarre?? No way. As another homie said, that shit that D12 spits in humorous. The only person you even hear from is ...Em. Whom The General would smash easily. With all due respect to Em.. the "funny blonde white kid" isn't what people are checking for.
I live 30 minutes for Detroit. You can't find D12 ish here. You don't hear about D12 doing anything here. On the real, D12 to me are all a clone of Royce. Everyone around here knows that..

C.O.B.