Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Lamont Officially Leaves Aftermath
It's been rumored for a while, but Bishop finally left Aftermath.  It's a shame, he's a talented artist.  I hope he gets a deal soon and gets some new music out there!

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10...th-records
and up steps trecherous? or better cob, cob has actually released an album
(01-11-2010, 02:17 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:and up steps trecherous? or better cob, cob has actually released an album

True... I'm curious as to when they are planning they planning on dropping Sauce's album now.
Quote:Leaving the label with allegedly all the music he recorded during his time there, which amounts to over 700 songs,

See that interests me, he can sign up with a label and has an album ready to drop instantly??
(01-11-2010, 05:17 PM)Rampage link Wrote:
Quote:Leaving the label with allegedly all the music he recorded during his time there, which amounts to over 700 songs,

See that interests me, he can sign up with a label and has an album ready to drop instantly??

Thats never gonna happen. I dont think he will have the rights to hardly any of those tracks.

Aftermath is on a massive decline with all the artists they have lost in the past few years. It really did used to be raps powerhouse when Em, 50, G-Unit and Game were emerging.
(01-11-2010, 08:02 PM)PublicEnemyNo2 link Wrote:[quote author=Rampage link=topic=3032.msg266076#msg266076 date=1263244633]

Thats never gonna happen. I dont think he will have the rights to hardly any of those tracks.

Aftermath is on a massive decline with all the artists they have lost in the past few years. It really did used to be raps powerhouse when Em, 50, G-Unit and Game were emerging.
[/quote]

I agree.  This is why I am concerned about SH signing to Shady.  They are not the "machine" they used to be. 
(01-11-2010, 08:02 PM)PublicEnemyNo2 link Wrote:[quote author=Rampage link=topic=3032.msg266076#msg266076 date=1263244633]

[/quote]

Not true. The label can choose to relinquish its rights, or they may have violated the terms of the contract which might invalidate their ownership of his music.

I think Aftermath might be in trouble because 50's album flopped.
(01-13-2010, 02:04 PM)anita_job link Wrote:[quote author=PublicEnemyNo2 link=topic=3032.msg266083#msg266083 date=1263254555]
[quote author=Rampage link=topic=3032.msg266076#msg266076 date=1263244633]

[/quote]

Not true. The label can choose to relinquish its rights, or they may have violated the terms of the contract which might invalidate their ownership of his music.

I think Aftermath might be in trouble because 50's album flopped.
[/quote]

How many Dre produced tracks you heard this last couple of years barring eminem's last album? You really think he'll want hundreds of his beats just thrown out there?

I'll believe it when I see it. Dre is super selective with what he puts out, he's not gonna let go of all that work for free.
(01-13-2010, 02:55 PM)PublicEnemyNo2 link Wrote:How many Dre produced tracks you heard this last couple of years barring eminem's last album? You really think he'll want hundreds of his beats just thrown out there?

I'll believe it when I see it. Dre is super selective with what he puts out, he's not gonna let go of all that work for free.

Who says all 700 tracks are produced by Dre? I don't think any producer could make 700 tracks in 5 years. Maybe I'm wrong.
(01-13-2010, 04:15 PM)anita_job link Wrote:[quote author=PublicEnemyNo2 link=topic=3032.msg266152#msg266152 date=1263408938]
How many Dre produced tracks you heard this last couple of years barring eminem's last album? You really think he'll want hundreds of his beats just thrown out there?

Who says all 700 tracks are produced by Dre? I don't think any producer could make 700 tracks in 5 years. Maybe I'm wrong.
[/quote]

They could but they would be wack as fuck plus Dre been making beats for 50, em and th game so he defo wouldn't have made 700!