Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jayleen - "Centerpiece" (Written by K-Young)
I know this style of music is not exactly what everyone visits this forum for, but I thought people would be interested in this song that K-Young wrote...

Jayleen - Centerpiece
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERlrKYd9LMA
I swear as I've gotten older, the more I've been able to appreciate mainstream music for what it is. I guess I'm no longer an underground hip hop elitist if I occasionally bump the same stuff as teenage white girls. No homo, of course.

(01-14-2010, 03:12 PM)Oh Genius link Wrote:I swear as I've gotten older, the more I've been able to appreciate mainstream music for what it is. I guess I'm no longer an underground hip hop elitist if I occasionally bump the same stuff as teenage white girls. No homo, of course.

I hear that. I used to not listen to something if it was mainstream. I just always felt that connection with the underground whether it be hip hop, metal, or whatever genre. Now that I am older I have grown to respect the talent in all music. It's best to be well rounded, and respect the talent whether its your cup of tea or not. At the end of the day I would want to experience all there is to experience rather than being the most "hardcore" or "gangsta". My cd and vinyl collection has grown to include all genres.
I never realized just how talented KYoung is. I read somewhere that he has written for people like Mariah Carey too. Thats crazy! Props to that man.
(01-14-2010, 03:41 PM)©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link Wrote:[quote author=Oh Genius link=topic=3042.msg266205#msg266205 date=1263496353]
I swear as I've gotten older, the more I've been able to appreciate mainstream music for what it is. I guess I'm no longer an underground hip hop elitist if I occasionally bump the same stuff as teenage white girls. No homo, of course.

I hear that. I used to not listen to something if it was mainstream. I just always felt that connection with the underground whether it be hip hop, metal, or whatever genre. Now that I am older I have grown to respect the talent in all music. It's best to be well rounded, and respect the talent whether its your cup of tea or not. At the end of the day I would want to experience all there is to experience rather than being the most "hardcore" or "gangsta". My cd and vinyl collection has grown to include all genres.
I never realized just how talented KYoung is. I read somewhere that he has written for people like Mariah Carey too. Thats crazy! Props to that man.
[/quote]

K-Young has written for many mainstream artists and is well known throughout the industry. It's a shame that more people don't recognize his talent. He's just not another kid who can sing, he knows his music and his song writing ability is on another level.

Anyway, back to the topic, I definitely agree with you guys. I wouldn't say that I'm completely accepting of the mainstream, but I've definitely grown to accept other forms of music. I've always been into R&B and some Rock, but have more recently started to open up to Pop artists as well.
(01-14-2010, 04:39 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link=topic=3042.msg266212#msg266212 date=1263498060]
[quote author=Oh Genius link=topic=3042.msg266205#msg266205 date=1263496353]

[/quote]

K-Young has written for many mainstream artists and is well known throughout the industry. It's a shame that more people don't recognize his talent. He's just not another kid who can sing, he knows his music and his song writing ability is on another level.

Anyway, back to the topic, I definitely agree with you guys. I wouldn't say that I'm completely accepting of the mainstream, but I've definitely grown to accept other forms of music. I've always been into R&B and some Rock, but have more recently started to open up to Pop artists as well.
[/quote]

Completely agree with everyone, i actullay enjoy turning on the radio sometimes and vibing out to a Lady Gaga song or something, it sounds lame but if you just sit back and chill its not hard to like it.
the only pop I listen to is Micheal Jackson lol and for r&b anything that is good and not some wack as motherfucker tryin to act bad then i will listen!