Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixed Audio Streaming Glitch
What's good everyone?

While I have been addressing minor problems with the downloading system on The B.O.S.S. Board I came across another issue.

Although you can't click the "Music" tab as a Guest, you can still access the two most recent songs that display on the front page. It turns out that Guests were not able to stream those songs.

I have fixed the issue and now you won't have to log into your account to stream the recent songs.

-EFFeX
is it possible you not use flash? alot of smartphones dont have flash.
(04-07-2010, 02:31 AM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:is it possible you not use flash? alot of smartphones dont have flash.

Umm...

I mean, I'm working on a new audio player, but it would most likely be flash.

I could probably code something up where it checks to see if the browser has flash and then displays something else instead.

I'll look into that today. Does your phone support Java Script?
yeah it does. (i thinks)
(04-07-2010, 03:01 AM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:yeah it does. (i thinks)

Alright, I'll keep that in mind and let you know what I can do about this.
<3. anything on making a mobile site then? or even an app? ooo a TBB podacst would be awesum. every week just summing up the news and discussing it.
(04-07-2010, 04:26 AM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:<3. anything on making a mobile site then? or even an app? ooo a TBB podacst would be awesum. every week just summing up the news and discussing it.

I don't think there will be an app, the "light" / mobile version is literally around the corner. I just want to make sure I get the music stuff correct with it. It's annoying because everyone's phones are different and I want to make it really compatible.

There's nothing particularly special about it. It looks very much like the real site, but stripped down and just focusing on news and music updates.

You know, at first I read your podcast idea and wasn't really sure that was possible, but you know what... That could be a very interesting idea. I'm going to discuss this with some people and see what they think. Thanks for the idea, I'll keep you updated!
some songs still don't play like the D.O.A. freestyle & That PWT & Crook song haven't tried more than that tho. but I'm sure there's more
(04-04-2011, 06:02 PM)Hood R.A.T. link Wrote:some songs still don't play like the D.O.A. freestyle & That PWT & Crook song haven't tried more than that tho. but I'm sure there's more

Are you referring to the Green Lantern Freestyle by Slaughterhouse? That one worked for me. What browser do you use again? I'll try to replicate it.

Also, the PWT song doesn't work, you are right.

There were a few songs that I missed when making fixes. I'll get that one done right away. Thanks for looking!
(04-04-2011, 07:17 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=Hood R.A.T. link=topic=3621.msg287154#msg287154 date=1301954533]
some songs still don't play like the D.O.A. freestyle & That PWT & Crook song haven't tried more than that tho. but I'm sure there's more

Are you referring to the Green Lantern Freestyle by Slaughterhouse? That one worked for me. What browser do you use again? I'll try to replicate it.

Also, the PWT song doesn't work, you are right.

There were a few songs that I missed when making fixes. I'll get that one done right away. Thanks for looking!
[/quote]

Yeah that's the one I was talking about