Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how yall feel bout joe budden?
dope or not?
Good question, I cant really make my mind up on him.

I think he is the weekest out of Slaughterhouse, which isnt a terrible thing cause the other 3 are on another level. I sometimes find him quite annoying and his voice buts me off at times.

Ive tried listening to him since the group emerged, but he's not really sticking to me. I also think he is a bit up himself judging from the Joe Budden TV.
First, I will say I am biased because Budden is my favorite rapper.  However, I love his music.  Reason is, he has versatility that other artists just don't have as far as subject matter for songs.  He takes you places in a song that no one else does.  Then he can come back on the next track and do something like Warefare, trading punchlines with Ortiz. 

He's also a real dude.  Just a guy like us.  he goes bowling in his ESPN T-shirt with his boys, he plays monopoly.  He's normal.  He's not "ballin in VIP", or "fuckin bitches in ____, some exotic country".  I think the percieved arrogance seen in the videos is more just the "rapper" in him coming out.  Which you have to have a little bit of to survive.

However, Joe (and I mean this with the utmost respect) can be like a female about stuff sometimes.    He's stubborn and always wants things done his way, and tends to throw a fit when he don't get it.  Then again, being that way is what makes his music different.  Sorry for the book, but that's my take.  Check Padded Room in Feb!!!
I think he has a lot of average songs but when I hear him on tracks like "Dumb Out" and "Who?" it makes me want to listen to everything he releases, just in case it's another classic. I thought "Walk With Me" from his first album was amazing and based on a great concept. He has his fair share of gems IMO and I probably listen to him just a little less than I do Crooked I or Royce.
(12-23-2008, 09:46 AM)Mike link Wrote: I think he has a lot of average songs but when I hear him on tracks like "Dumb Out" and "Who?" it makes me want to listen to everything he releases, just in case it's another classic. I thought "Walk With Me" from his first album was amazing and based on a great concept. He has his fair share of gems IMO and I probably listen to him just a little less than I do Crooked I or Royce.

This sums it up, he is either hit or miss with me.
I think he's one of the better MCs in the game atm. I personally prefer him alot to Joell (although I'd say Crook and Royce are first two respectively in Slaughterhouse) even though Joell is good as well. I don't agree that the other three are on another level though, especially Joell... Royce can be inconsistent as well even though he's one of my fav lyricists right now but they all seem to be steppin' their game up so don't sleep on anyone. Ya I gotta agree with Mike on this one too, although I'm a big fan of the Mood Muzik series and halfway house. Waiting for Padded Room.