Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web Site Suggestions?
stick to SMF EFFeX, once you make the move over to Vbulletin, it will be the biggest regret you will make as you will be in dept because of fucking fee's to pay and endless amount of fixing, bugs all the time.

I was admin at another forum with an SMF forum and I can tell you that SMF is very very good for a completely free service and the help and support you get isn't that bad either. Id think about upgrading to from 1.1.11 to 2.0RC3 though, lots more features and stuff.
(11-02-2010, 09:13 PM)OttawaCOB link Wrote: stick to SMF EFFeX, once you make the move over to Vbulletin, it will be the biggest regret you will make as you will be in dept because of fucking fee's to pay and endless amount of fixing, bugs all the time.

I was admin at another forum with an SMF forum and I can tell you that SMF is very very good for a completely free service and the help and support you get isn't that bad either. Id think about upgrading to from 1.1.11 to 2.0RC3 though, lots more features and stuff.

RC4 just dropped, but I'm not ready to switch over yet though. I'll be switching over when the final 2.0 comes out. The site is so heavily modded that I don't want to make the switch until the final thing is out. It's tempting to do it sooner though, ha ha!

Yeah, but I'm a big SMF fan. I wanted to make it easier to transition from the old Crooked forum to this one, so I stuck with what we know.
In the news section, I think it would be better to link the the thread. I know EFFeX or one of the mods link the news article but I think it would be better if it went both ways. And do we really need a comments section in the articles? We manly just go off on whatever the post may be about in the forum.
These are questions that I have wondering about before. I can always link to the thread, but there's a couple things to keep in mind. Sometimes a thread will be created and then I'll make an article out of it, other times I'll make a news post and not even make a thread. I suppose it would be possible to have an option to create a thread if none exist already or simply link to one. It would stream line things. That's really for my benefit though, not really everyone else's though.

As far as the comments section goes. I have that in there because not everyone likes to post on the forum. Some visitors simply like to read the article and bounce. The fact you have to register to post a comment is really to encourage forum activity, but I'm just giving people the option to do one or the other.

These are good suggestions though and definitely ones I have considered. I'll put further thought into them. Thanks!
I haven't said anything in a while just because of the B.S. that people post on here. I currently love the way the site is conducted. But if you have anything negative to say about Crooked, move on. This is a fan forum. There is no reason for people to have negative comments on this forum. I respect all opinions but sometimes, some of the things that haters say, makes me think, "Do these people have anything else better to do than to talk shit about Crooked and his music". Get outta here with that...This is a FAN forum
^ ^

+1

Thanks for the support!
Hey EFFeX, on the main page, I have a suggestion for the "recent forum discussion". I feel as if the last 5 threads made or posted in should be there instead of the last 5 post made by a user. The reason for this is because when people are continuously posting on one thread, it spams that box. This can be really annoying lol and I don't see what's the point in having a quick link to the the same thread multiple times.
I hear you, that's a good point. I'll see what can be done. Thanks for the suggestion!