Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One-2 - "God Speed" (prod. by Komplex)

Quote:Earlier this week One-2 released a brand new song to hold fans over until the release of his project History & Destiny. Well, the Treacherous Records emcee is still grinding and has unleashed a yet another track to the Internet.

One-2's latest release is a record called God Speed in which he once again links up with Treacherous Records' in-house producer Komplex. The track is a laid back and thought provoking cut that will have fans rewinding endlessly to unlock it's messages. We encourage everyone to check out the track by using our included music player.

If you are interested in learning more about One-2, please visit the emcee on his official Twitter page. As usual, keep it locked to The B.O.S.S. Board for all your Treacherous Records related news updates.

Download: http://www.thebossboard.com/audio.php?sonid=359
Beat is banging
Really nice track
One-2, once again showing us why hes one of  the most underrated artists in hip hop right now.
This is probably going to make a few people angry but i think One-2 is better than Crooked.  Lyrically Crooked is unmatched but that's the only thing he has one One-2. Uno is so deep and his music is incredible. He was pretty damn lyrical on this track too, never really heard One-2 put together words like that. 
+1 for speaking ya mind 509finest, never get to see that outside of me on this site.

I agree with it 110%, especially with what feels like a Crooked I getting a make-over, lyrically, for better or worse, but that depends on what type of bars you want from him.
(04-13-2011, 09:34 PM)509 Finest link Wrote:Uno is so deep and his music is incredible. He was pretty damn lyrical on this track too, never really heard One-2 put together words like that.  

I personally like when One-2 raps like this. I've always known that one-2 was & is capable of spitting Spiritual and somewhat metaphysical complex rhymes when i first heard "No 1 Knows"
off the high school dropout mixtape, just go back and listen to that third verse Smile Uno even went into that kinda direction on songs like "omega" off kabob & vodka, even tho the topic of that
track was more about the end of days prophecy. So yeah, one-2 can be deep.

509, i agree w/ ur comment to a certain extent. I wont dispute crooked i being a better rhymer than one-2 but i gotta say, going off all the music i've heard from uno, to me hes got more range
in terms of subject matter than crooked. Plus his structuring of songs is crazy. Hes kinda (KEYWORD kinda) surpassing crooked i on that too.
(04-13-2011, 10:02 PM)g-kal2010 link Wrote:[quote author=509 Finest link=topic=5791.msg287897#msg287897 date=1302744848]
Uno is so deep and his music is incredible. He was pretty damn lyrical on this track too, never really heard One-2 put together words like that. 

I personally like when One-2 raps like this. I've always known that one-2 was & is capable of spitting Spiritual and somewhat metaphysical complex rhymes when i first heard "No 1 Knows"
off the high school dropout mixtape, just go back and listen to that third verse Smile Uno even went into that kinda direction on songs like "omega" off kabob & vodka, even tho the topic of that
track was more about the end of days prophecy. So yeah, one-2 can be deep.

509, i agree w/ ur comment to a certain extent. I wont dispute crooked i being a better rhymer than one-2 but i gotta say, going off all the music i've heard from uno, to me hes got more range
in terms of subject matter than crooked. Plus his structuring of songs is crazy. Hes kinda (KEYWORD kinda) surpassing crooked i on that too.
[/quote]

That's exactly what i mean. Crooked is better than One-2 lyrically, Crooked is better than 99 percent of MC's lyrically though. Crooked is also better with rhyme schemes. Besides that One-2 is better than Crooked at everything else. Uno makes some of the sickest songs i've ever heard (The Quire, Good Girl Gone Wild, U Don't Want It, One On One With One, God Speed, etc). One-2 is my favorite MC ever so i'm biased when it comes to him but you just can't deny that One is better than Crooked as an overall musician.
I actually am not so sure One-2 has surpassed Crooked. I think Crook's overall presence on the mic is a lot stronger than One-2's. BELIEVE ME, One-2 is one of my favorite emcees! However, obviously, as a fan you favor one more than the other. I respect everyone's opinions though.

I think that One-2 has some areas that he needs to polish up on, but he's definitely on his way. I think that within the last year he's really started to come into his own and I'm excited about what the future has in store for him. I just don't think he's reached Crooked's level yet though.

One-2 deserves all the success in the world though, he's really worked hard and has consistently dropped dope music over the years. Treacherous has a great team with One-2 and Kompo.
Yet another deep track !! I'm still not even done vibing to Seven Miles

Never disappoints
(04-14-2011, 01:02 AM)OttawaCOB link Wrote:Yet another deep track !! I'm still not even done vibing to Seven Miles

Never disappoints

Yeah man, I wasn't expecting a song so fast and then I seen that Iceman was mixing this last night, lol.