Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Software Updates On The Way
What's up guys?

I wanted to let everyone know there are major software updates on the way to the forum. Over the next 24 hours you guys may experience some down time. If you do run across any strange errors or things aren't functioning properly, don't worry, it is to be expected.

After the updates certain features may not be available, but will be restored shortly. I'll keep everyone up-to-date as the process goes along. Hopefully we won't have too many bumps in the road, but this update is going to be necessary to ensure the longevity of this site.

I appreciate everyone's patient while it happens.

In the even something catastrophic happens (which is not expected), you can follow us at http://www.twitter.com/thebossboard for updates!

Thanks for the support! #COB
Alright, we made if through the first step of the upgrade. Among the forums new appearance (which is HEAVILY under construction), you will see a few new changes.

However, a lot of modifications that were put into the site are disabled for the time being. Features that you will not see right now, that will be re-implemented over the next 24 hours include:

-Tap-A-Talk
-Chat Room
-User Map
-Video Embedding

Additionally, you will notice that custom fields have disappeared from your profiles. These fields included "How long have you been a Crooked I fan?" and similar lines. The whole profile set up will be changed up a little bit. In the mean time, just fill out what is available that may have disappeared.

This is going to be an ongoing process and I do appreciate everyone's patient as there will be some bumps in the road. Please let me know if you come across errors, visual discrepancies and other strange things going on. As usual, all suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

#COB
Hi Effex,
I have noticed a bug on the front page in the recent forum discussions section. right after the title it states the "title by xxx" the user name part is missing.. also when you click that link it does not take you to the thread. It takes you to the root of the forum:
http://thebossboard.com/forum/index.php?...icseen#msg
Ok thanks, I expected something like that to happen. I'll look into it!
i love the top, with the new posts thing, its the first thing that i click on, so nice to see it highlighted, so to speak, but everythign seems squased vertically, and more rigid, and square.
(06-22-2011, 12:24 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:i love the top, with the new posts thing, its the first thing that i click on, so nice to see it highlighted, so to speak, but everythign seems squased vertically, and more rigid, and square.

I do agree. The posts are too compressed, I'll see if we can give them more room. It takes up too much space on the left where it shows the user name and avatar for some reason.
Nice, did you upgrade from 1.1.11 to 2.0 ?
Good work EFFeX. Can be a real big job updating forums and stuff for major releases.
(06-22-2011, 02:44 PM)4 link Wrote:Good work EFFeX. Can be a real big job updating forums and stuff for major releases.

Appreciate the compliment.

Yeah, it's going to be a project, most of the mods we used are outdated, but I'm working at it. We'll have everything up soon.

I have a lot of adjustments I want to make to the appearance too, but as I said before, I just want the forum to function first, lol.

I held out on this upgrade for a long time, but now that there is a stable 2.0 out I figured it was time to move forward.