Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay-Z Fans
I can't lie, i've always slept on Jay-Z, I would always say he was overrated without really listening to his music. However, I bought The Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt albums many years ago but never really listened to them until recently, now I can't stop listening to The Blueprint. I definetly underestimated Jay. Can someone reccomend the next album I should purchase from him? Many people say The Black Album is one of his best, is that true? Thanks for any help, feel free to post your opinions of Jay in this post as well...
(10-01-2011, 12:59 AM)509 Finest link Wrote:I can't lie, i've always slept on Jay-Z, I would always say he was overrated without really listening to his music. However, I bought The Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt albums many years ago but never really listened to them until recently, now I can't stop listening to The Blueprint. I definetly underestimated Jay. Can someone reccomend the next album I should purchase from him? Many people say The Black Album is one of his best, is that true? Thanks for any help, feel free to post your opinions of Jay in this post as well...

Not gonna lie you are the FIRST person I have ever seen that's slept on Jay, but I recommend The Black Album as it Is low on features, also get Dynasty (definitely one of his most under rated albums) then Hard Knock Life Vol. 2, then the rest, I have them all every cd he has ever made (inc. greatest hits comps and collabo efforts) and he's my favourite I've always felt he was under rated, as far as lyrics go, you should read decoded and when he deciphers his lyrics you'll be amazed at just how dope he is!
Lol how can you sleep on Jay? Surely you must have heard his tracks before, were you just not feeling them?
ive never ever bought nor do i have a jay track on my computer or cd... or ipod never been into him
jayz is mad over rated.....but the following songs of his are still dope as fuck:

bring it on
lobster n scrimp
nigga what nigga who (originator)
pre game
change the game

but hes still mad over rated
Been a Jay fan since Reasonable Doubt and really since his appearance on Ready To Die. I really don't think he's overrated at all. I think that there are some that just choose to ignore his music due to him being pretty much the pinnacle of mainstream Hip Hop though. He's had a few albums that I wasn't that big on. I really wasn't a fan of Vol. 3 or Blueprint 2 (although each had some nice joints).

I'd definitely recommend The Black Album if you never took the time to study it. Great project. I'd also recommend checking out the Fade 2 Black DVD which is basically a behind the scenes making of the album. Of course Reasonable Doubt is a great album too. I'd also recommend Vol. 1.

Jay's been one of my favorites for many years. I think some people hear some of his commercial joints and simply write him off, but there IS content in his music and there are lyrics that really make you go back and have to think. Some people get turned off by the gangster persona of his earlier work, but the music is a lot deeper once you scratch the surface.
i never knew jay was gangster before. always thought he was soft. thats why i like crooked. but i love the bay area music like philthy rich. and i just got lee majors new cd and its sic. anyway this is way off topic but yukmouth really turned me on to a lot of other great rappers like crooked and tech n9ne
(10-01-2011, 02:48 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:Been a Jay fan since Reasonable Doubt and really since his appearance on Ready To Die. I really don't think he's overrated at all. I think that there are some that just choose to ignore his music due to him being pretty much the pinnacle of mainstream Hip Hop though. He's had a few albums that I wasn't that big on. I really wasn't a fan of Vol. 3 or Blueprint 2 (although each had some nice joints).

I'd definitely recommend The Black Album if you never took the time to study it. Great project. I'd also recommend checking out the Fade 2 Black DVD which is basically a behind the scenes making of the album. Of course Reasonable Doubt is a great album too. I'd also recommend Vol. 1.

Jay's been one of my favorites for many years. I think some people hear some of his commercial joints and simply write him off, but there IS content in his music and there are lyrics that really make you go back and have to think. Some people get turned off by the gangster persona of his earlier work, but the music is a lot deeper once you scratch the surface.

obviously you arent a jayz fan beacuse he never guest appeared on Ready to Die.....
(10-01-2011, 06:31 PM)RAJON RONDO link Wrote:[quote author=EFFeX link=topic=6505.msg293755#msg293755 date=1317494936]
Been a Jay fan since Reasonable Doubt and really since his appearance on Ready To Die. I really don't think he's overrated at all. I think that there are some that just choose to ignore his music due to him being pretty much the pinnacle of mainstream Hip Hop though. He's had a few albums that I wasn't that big on. I really wasn't a fan of Vol. 3 or Blueprint 2 (although each had some nice joints).

obviously you arent a jayz fan beacuse he never guest appeared on Ready to Die.....
[/quote]

LMAO, so true.

I got that confused with the track Biggie appeared on, on Reasonable Doubt. smh

I'll take the L on that one. I AM a Jay fan though, got all his albums.
He should of stayed retired after The Black Album...