Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Drops Bishop Lamont from Aftermath
Quote:Bishop Lamont has been released or dropped from Aftermath Records, the label founded by Dr. Dre.

At press time, the reason for the severance was unknown, but the separation occurred Thursday or Friday, according to sources.

While there is significant speculation, insiders said that Lamont did not see the move coming.

There as been no statement or official response from Lamont, Dr. Dre or Aftermath.

Bishop Lamont, real name Phillip Martin, signed to Dre's Aftermath Records in 2005 after meeting the iconic producer in the set of a video shoot. Lamont had been one of Dr. Dre's most ardent supporters and often served as the reclusive producer's mouthpiece.

Lamont does not presently have a recording home, but rumors have already begun to circulate that he has been courted by 50 Cent and his G-Unit Records. There has been nothing to substantiate those rumors at press time.

Source: http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/ar...23578.aspx

Now thats a major shock!!
dammit, thats f***ed up!
It's messed up, but not totally shocking to me. This is kind of why I always never wanted Crooked to sign there.
dre is too meticulous everyone gets the backburner especially him! been waiting on detox now when anyone brings it up its like eh
seems like DRE's in a mid-life crisis or sum. he should be up-lifting the WESTCOAST right about now. shit, how you gone just lose RAKIM, GAME, BUSTA, JOELL ORTIZ, STAT QUO, BISHOP LAMONT? am I missing someone? DETOX??? All these cats should be pumpin out hit records on AFTERMATH! the shit doesn't add up. as long as DRE has FORMULA 50 this shit'll never pop off....

speaking of CURTIS, there goes 50 with another one of his chess moves. if he signs BISHOP it'll only be to go at GAME. FIF doesn't care bout none of these rap cats, he just wants to look like he's got the upper hand on errybody
(04-04-2009, 11:02 PM)EFFeX link Wrote: It's messed up, but not totally shocking to me. This is kind of why I always never wanted Crooked to sign there.

True, same would happen, and Bishop had so much buzz with tapes out all over.

Why Dre doesnt let people shine on Aftermath is beyond me.
Apparently this is a fake rumor. Either way, Aftermath's still a wack ass bullshit label.
dre is a faggot no wonder pac fell out with him before he passed away
first was busta rhymes, not bishop lamont...  >Sad wtf is wrong with dr. dre?
oh wait a second... watch this video here