Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox Web Browser Question
Ok cool, so that will do the trick right?  I got everything I need backed up on my External before it got bad, so with any luck I can get this taken care of tonight

To EFFeX, the Clean Install will reformat it right?  And I can partition it off
are you installing vista or XP? or linux?
More than likely XP, although I have Vista too
id suggest vista if you have 4GB of ram, if not id still suggest vista :p naa lol go with XP if not 4GB of ram, just i <3 vista lol, dont liek XP  dont like windows 7.

inface vista > crooked I....

OKAY OKAY, I take that back lollll Big Grin

with vista the formatting and install and partioning is easy. before you install it asks you which HDD to install to, you click the HDD and select drive options advanced, and delete it, and then partion it, with 50000 or 100000MB for the main OS drive, then format your partition, and format the space left over, it should show up as 2 drives now.

for XP, its been a while since i used it, but IICR you have to delete all data on the drive first, and then follow the on screen instructions for the partioning.
I was actually thinking of trying Vista, but was worried because people complain about it.  I may just do it now.......If it's in the same sentence of Crooked I lol
(04-16-2009, 02:15 PM)Akademic link Wrote: I was actually thinking of trying Vista, but was worried because people complain about it.  I may just do it now.......If it's in the same sentence of Crooked I lol

The re-install of Windows may not format the hard drive, usually it just wipes the OS and re-installs it. The format will wipe the hard drive completely. Don't worry about it if you haven't done it before on some systems it's really easy others not so much.

As far as Vista goes, I use Vista on my laptop and XP on my desktop.

Vista is a great OS, don't listen to the hype, but just make sure you run all the updates and you'll be straight. It had a lot of issues at first, but is very stable now.
make sure to deffinately get SP1 for vista aswell
Quote: link=topic=694.msg254366#msg254366 date=1239906807]
make sure to deffinately get SP1 for vista aswell

Oh yeah, for sure, that's key!

I can't wait for the full release of Windows 7 though, should be insane. I heard it runs even smoother than Vista.
(04-16-2009, 02:32 PM)EFFeX link Wrote: [quote author=Akademic link=topic=694.msg254364#msg254364 date=1239905734]
I was actually thinking of trying Vista, but was worried because people complain about it.  I may just do it now.......If it's in the same sentence of Crooked I lol

The re-install of Windows may not format the hard drive, usually it just wipes the OS and re-installs it. The format will wipe the hard drive completely. Don't worry about it if you haven't done it before on some systems it's really easy others not so much.

As far as Vista goes, I use Vista on my laptop and XP on my desktop.

Vista is a great OS, don't listen to the hype, but just make sure you run all the updates and you'll be straight. It had a lot of issues at first, but is very stable now.
[/quote]

So "formatting" isn't part of the install process.  Sorry to sound like a noob, but it's very important to me to wipe the HD and get rid of that virus.  If I have to do something differently to format the HD, how do I do that?
if your installing vista, then when you select the drive you want to install vista then underneath go to the drive options and select format. then after it formats (only a few seconds) choose that HDD Smile

oh and choose a custom vista install not an upgrade