Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slaughterhouse Interview w/ LA Leakers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHOfmpK8u_Q

Didn't see this posted on here. Pretty interesting interview about their favorite Hip Hop albums. Check it out!
damn crook said "it was written" that's probably my favorite album of all time..
(05-29-2012, 06:35 PM)apostle p link Wrote:damn crook said "it was written" that's probably my favorite album of all time..

I always feel like I'm alone when I say that I like It Was Written more than Illmatic.
iono man i just feel like illmatic is the best rap album of all time... it was written was a different vibe and to me, the best possible way to follow illmatic.. but illmatic is too perfect for me... its my #1
(05-29-2012, 07:17 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=apostle p link=topic=7257.msg299523#msg299523 date=1338330920]
damn crook said "it was written" that's probably my favorite album of all time..

I always feel like I'm alone when I say that I like It Was Written more than Illmatic.
[/quote]

i always like it was written better too bro. i used to bang that & makaveli a lot  Big Grin.....u know tupac probably liked it too cuz he got me & my girlfriend idea from nas' i gave u power. 

It Was Written was better constructed but I loved the raw feel to Illmatic with the same vibe running through the album. If I was to pick one to listen to right now it'd be Illmatic so that's the one I prefer, I guess.
notice how every album Crooked named was from '96... i feel like that's when hiphop was at it's pinnacle.. during the '95-'96 era.. i say that, cuz by then the overall sound had become more polished, & at the same time, still maintained that element of rawness.. creativity was at an all time high.  i think it was immediately afterwards during that whole shiny suit era when things started declining, & became all glossy... although there were still plenty of dope albums from '97 onwards, the overall soundscape of mainstream hiphop was too glossy, & not much rawness.. it was more about flashiness... just look at the amount of classic, one-of-a-kind lps compared to the early-mid '90s.. clearly outnumbered.  But looking back, even the late '90s seem wayyy better than this past decade.  But anyway,  i think one of the reasons why some people prefer It Was Written over Illmatic is cuz it was a much more diverse album compared to Illmatic... and like i mentioned earlier, it achieved all that without compromising the element of rawness.  Either way, both albums were masterpieces with barely any tracks u'd wanna skip... something u rarely see these days.