Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Section Now Available
(05-04-2009, 08:27 AM)alphabet link Wrote: Very nice addition except it won't let me rate or comment on the songs because apparently I'm not logged in ???

yo my vote went threw right away trythis u know how u can have automatic log in on and stay logged in for a certain amount of time try to put tht on then vote
Good work EFFex !

Well organized and loads fast.
(05-04-2009, 11:13 AM)EFFeX link Wrote: [quote author=alphabet link=topic=810.msg255041#msg255041 date=1241440035]
Very nice addition except it won't let me rate or comment on the songs because apparently I'm not logged in ???

Interesting... Do you have this problem when trying to comment on a news story too?

You DO have to  be logged in, but your saying that you are?

Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: Apparently 2 other people other than myself have used the rating system. Also, I know people have commented on news stories in the past and it's the same exact line of code. Do you have your cookie settings enabled on your browser and all that? Get back at me!
[/quote]

Na it works fine when posting on news stories. And I do have that "stay logged in" thing checked. It's just when I play a song it say you must be logged in to comment/rate so I put my username and password in and then it just takes me back to the homepage, so I go back to the song and apparently I'm logged out again ???

I wouldn't worry about it though unless it's happening to numerous people, I'm sure I'll survive without rating and commenting..
(05-04-2009, 02:34 PM)alphabet link Wrote: [quote author=EFFeX link=topic=810.msg255052#msg255052 date=1241449989]
[quote author=alphabet link=topic=810.msg255041#msg255041 date=1241440035]
Very nice addition except it won't let me rate or comment on the songs because apparently I'm not logged in ???

Interesting... Do you have this problem when trying to comment on a news story too?

You DO have to  be logged in, but your saying that you are?

Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: Apparently 2 other people other than myself have used the rating system. Also, I know people have commented on news stories in the past and it's the same exact line of code. Do you have your cookie settings enabled on your browser and all that? Get back at me!
[/quote]

Na it works fine when posting on news stories. And I do have that "stay logged in" thing checked. It's just when I play a song it say you must be logged in to comment/rate so I put my username and password in and then it just takes me back to the homepage, so I go back to the song and apparently I'm logged out again ???

I wouldn't worry about it though unless it's happening to numerous people, I'm sure I'll survive without rating and commenting..
[/quote]

Very strange... I know that when you log-in it takes you to the forum main page, that is SUPPOSED to happen. Still looking for a work around to that though.

I'm going to run through the code though and try to figure out why this could be happening, but the line of code to check if your logged in is so simple I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Like I said before if anyone else has this problem please report it so we can work towards a solution!

BTW: What browser are you using?
bout to go check it out now, but props Effex, always making this place better 8)
 Defective Crooked I Robot
(05-04-2009, 05:56 PM)ehbunner link Wrote: bout to go check it out now, but props Effex, always making this place better 8)

Good looking out on the feedback, I should be tightening that page up more in the next week.

alphabet, I was able to recreate your problem by messing with my cookie settings, what do you have enabled or not enabled? Any browser plug-ins?
Update, there IS a minor bug with the voting system. Whether it is causing you problems or not is yet to be determined, but I'm going to try to correct the issue tonight. I'll let you know how that turns out.
Loving this section, another top feature on the site.

P.s. No problems voting for me.
(05-05-2009, 07:06 PM)PublicEnemyNo2 link Wrote: Loving this section, another top feature on the site.

P.s. No problems voting for me.

Thanks for the feedback it's appreciated!

Yeah, as it turns out the bug that I detected last night actually had nothing to do with the issue alphabet mentioned. I'm still trying to figure it out, hopefully a solution presents itself soon.

I actually have a bunch of ideas for new features on the site, some interactive like the music section, others just static pages, but keep checking back for further updates in the future.
I just tried it again and it seems to be working fine now, I tried it on a few different songs and I didn't have any problems. And I'm using Firefox if you still wanted to know.