Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats up with rappers buying their OWN albums on video???
First J. Cole and Drake filmed themselves buying all the born sinner albums....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp4xV3KWckA

Then i caught a video of DJ Khaled going out to best buy (just like cole and drake) to buy out his own artist's albums....

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vi...xyh1F54yrT

(Note:  :Smile @ this nigga's inflated statements he made around 0:54 - 1:13)

Is this the new thing that rappers are doing nowadays? film themsevles buying their own cds?

What is the point of these videos?  :-[

Please share your thoughts on this.
I remeber when buying your own cd's was a diss now they film themselve doing it with no problem DAMN SHAME
(07-21-2013, 09:16 AM)jerzeyC.O.B link Wrote:I remeber when buying your own cd's was a diss now they film themselve doing it with no problem DAMN SHAME

the question is WHY would they film themselves doing it? if there is a point to all of it, then it is lost on me
I figured it'd be fa friends, fan, close employees, BUT those are the people you depend on for a good portion of your sales

Also maybe for sentimental reasons: The fact that you can walk into a store and buy your own product.
Shit alot of rappers arent allowed by their label to put out a retail project for negative reasons.

Im also pretty sure that bulk purchases dont count on charts
(07-21-2013, 06:42 PM)spittaj link Wrote:I figured it'd be fa friends, fan, close employees, BUT those are the people you depend on for a good portion of your sales

Also maybe for sentimental reasons: The fact that you can walk into a store and buy your own product.
Shit alot of rappers arent allowed by their label to put out a retail project for negative reasons.

Im also pretty sure that bulk purchases dont count on charts

I get the fact it's great when an artist is able to just walk in the store, see their album on the shelf and can buy it. That is cool when u made an accomplishment like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qayhAKZM6G0

HOWEVER, as you can see, fashawn just went in there to a buy ONE of his albums....

Cole, Drake and Khaled on the other hand, they literally bought ALL of their albums right off the shelf! AT THE SAME DAMN STORE!

For what? why all of them and why film it? that i don't get. Honestly, they look kinda dumb purchasing and walking out the store with all of the same albums.

I would say that this is an attempt to (more or less) to get more people to buy their albums somehow, but i think we all know damn well that seeing artists buy up their own records is NOT going to get more ppl to go out and support them. If anything, people will clown the hell out of them and say not only are trying to beef up sales (despite the fact that buying all the albums won't have much effect in making it chart as you said), but this "rapper films himself buying all his own albums" thing will be seen as some sort of new wackass trend thats going on in hip hop at the moment.

If they are going to buy all of the albums, they should at least consider giving some of them out to some of their fans or something.