Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it me or would Horseshoe Gang be 1000x better if....
Kenny Sigel wasn't in the group??  same with Dice but even Dice has a unique style and has been around longer.

name one ONE song by HSG were Kenny Sigel has the best verse...i dare you.  Dude drops wack bars and adds nothing special to the group.  Sigel is pre school on the mic compared to the rest of the crew.
Don't agree, not going to find a specific verse but I love many of his....and Dices

Not going to argue he's had the best verse cause that's subjective but Siegels got plenty of dope verses, Cough Medicine, Ventin', Picture of Anger come to mind

I feel like this is like saying Joel, Joe or Royce should be kicked out of SH cause Crook always has the best verse(that's my opinion anyway just the same as you think Kenny never has the best verse, I think Joe has never had the best verse and 99% of the time feel Crook's is the best

In short just cause someone never has the "best"(subjective) verse doesn't mean they need to be kicked out, as long as he is dropping dope verses he deserves a spot in HSG

Speaking of dice, does he have any songs on HSG projects that are solo songs...the rest seem to have one at least one a project(one of them not all)
 Defective Crooked I Robot
the best verse on the intro of Gangsta mc  8)  but for real Sigel is lyrical but its hard to stand out when the others are just if not sicker.

i think he had the best verse on this cypher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lGnzOdku3A

i think Luci should release solo album
i guess i was a little harsh....dude is a nice emcee but compared to his brothers he brings down songs

"you about as sweet as a funnel cake"    lmao wtf is that shit?

crooked, capone and luciano doing songs together would be the best case scenario as none of them ever come wack.

dice has the ability to outshine them all but only reaches his potential every 5 songs or so

sigel?  he'd be the weakest link. 

not that he's wack like lil wayne or anything
Oh jeez, I don't even know how to respond to this thread, lol - smh

As for personal opinions on who's my favorite in the group it's a tie between Dice and Luciano. Too many people sleeping on Dice, dude is a beast. I honestly never heard someone call Kenny wack though. That's kinda blasphemous, lol.

Each one of them brings something important to the group. If you drop anyone of them, they really wouldn't be the Shoe Gang anymore. These guys styles are so cohesive.
(09-10-2013, 05:39 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:Oh jeez, I don't even know how to respond to this thread, lol - smh

As for personal opinions on who's my favorite in the group it's a tie between Dice and Luciano. Too many people sleeping on Dice, dude is a beast. I honestly never heard someone call Kenny wack though. That's kinda blasphemous, lol.

Each one of them brings something important to the group. If you drop anyone of them, they really wouldn't be the Shoe Gang anymore. These guys styles are so cohesive.

Quoted for the last paragraph, was thinking that when I wrote my post, shoe gang without any of them isn't the horse shoe gang

as far as the line "you about as sweet as a funnel cake" every rapper has lines that are simple/dumb even Crooked, I can't think of one off the top of my head but I know he's had a few lines where I've shook my head and went Really?!

I'm surprised you didn't bring up his verse on Rap & Bitches where he says "She wanna come over" about 15 times in a row(which I personally love surprisingly, though half of that might just be because it sounds good and I can't help but picture him in the booth spitting it, as well as wonder if he wrote it that way)

As far as favorite in the group I can't even say I have one, it really changes from song to song based on the content of the verse

However a song where Kenny had the best verse to me(favorite it really depends on what you like) is Team COB on Psalms I love the whole double entendre's using words for cops to talk about weed and what not but thats a good example why you need all of HSG they each bring a slightly different style that compliment each other well

might as well throw out effex's opinion because he's never going to say a negative thing about the crew Big Grin
another bad Sigel line

"your words sound like bippity boopity boo" 

WTF? hahahahaha.  to his credit the rest of that verse was dope but still...
Go back and listen to "Say You Ill".  Luci stops Kenny from continuing his verse because he was killing it. Obviously everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it. I always liked Kenny because he is the exact same age as me and I can relate to some of his lines more than the other members. I feel like eventhough everyone likes Capone and Luchi the most, they seem to come the same on a lot of songs. I always liked Dice and Kenny because they offer something a little different than the other two. The only thing I don't like about Kenny are those fingerless gloves he is always wearing lol. Can't be cold enough in Cali for gloves, and if you shooting you might want to cover your fingerprints lol. No but for real, Kenny is a real dude. He actually communicates with fans on twitter/instagram/etc. Gotta respect that.
(09-11-2013, 12:50 AM)PUTSOMEMONEYONIT link Wrote:another bad Sigel line

"your words sound like bippity boopity boo" 

WTF? hahahahaha.  to his credit the rest of that verse was dope but still...

Haha I love that line, it's one of those lines that's silly but works, in other words if you hated on it I wouldn't even defend it but for some reason I like it, Probably because I just take it as saying your rhymes are childish or nonsense(don't think that's the best way to explain it or even what he's trying to get across but w/e)

At the end of the day while he has a LINE(note: line not verse) that can be questionable, he is undoubtedly dope and a key ingredient to HSG, there is just way to many dope lines/verses of his

You would have a better argument if he was the worst verse 99% of the time but he isn't.
Though he may be to you I suppose, cause honestly picking a worst verse of a HSG song is as hard as picking a favorite Crooked Verse, they are almost always dope for their own reasons

Regardless props on a good topic that made me think about a) what member I consider best or favorite and b) what makes each member essential to the group(which I still can't quite put my finger on, but I'm far from a rap expert)

Can't fault someone for not liking something and I can't even argue you saying he's the weakest link most of the time because the gap between their skill levels is very small in my opinion and any one could argue any verse as better than the others

So I can't agree that HSG would be better without him cause even if you see him as 4th place all the time(which I clearly don't, there are plenty of verses where I consider his the best or tied for it) there is no shame in being slightly behind Capone, Luci, and Dice

Most songs I don't even overly think about who had the best verse I just find it dope from start to finish as opposed to SH where I am constantly waiting for Crook to spit