Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is YOUR year end list of favorite albums of 2013??
Whats up everyone, it's that time of the year (and also the last day of 2013) for year end top 10
favorite albums of 2013. Here are MY favorite hip hop albums of 2013:

(In no specific order)

[Image: 178da47c.jpg]
RUN THE JEWELS BY EL-P & KILLER MIKE

[Image: illogic-capture_the_sun.jpg]
ILLOGIC & BLOCKHEAD - CAPTURE THE SUN
(Mad people slept on this album!)

[Image: Demigodz-Killmatic.jpg]
DEMIGODZ - KILLMATIC

[Image: Big_KRIT_King_Remembered_In_Time-front-large.jpg]
BIG K.R.I.T. - KING REMEMBERED IN TIME

[Image: Sadistik-Flowers-for-My-Father.jpg]
SADISTIK - FLOWERS FOR MY FATHER

[Image: clearsoulforcesGPP7Scover.jpg]
CLEAR SOUL FORCES - GOLD PP7S

[Image: artpop-1383332839.jpg]
LATRYX - SECOND ALBUM
(Mad people slept on this too!)

[Image: pusha_t_my_name_is_my_name.jpg]
PUSHA T - MY NAME IS MY NAME

[Image: 131001-danny-brown-old-review.jpg]
DANNY BROWN - OLD

[Image: ill-bill-the-grimy-awards1.jpg]
ILL BILL - THE GRIMY AWARDS

Honorable mentions

[Image: DESSA_PARTS_OF_SPEECH.jpg]
DESSA - PARTS OF SPEECH

[Image: black-milk-no-poison-no-paradise.jpg?resize=554%2C554]
BLACK MILK - NO POISON NO PARADISE

[Image: czarface-v-540x540.jpg]
CZARFACE

[Image: komplex-resurrection.jpg]
KOMPLEX - RESURRECTION

[Image: Komplex_-_Redemption_Front.jpg]
KOMPLEX - REDEMPTION

[Image: 20130401-LEGENDS.jpg]
R.A. THE RUGGED MAN - LEGENDS NEVER DIE

[Image: T9_Something_Else.jpg]
TECH N9NE - SOMETHING ELSE

[Image: oddisee.jpg]

Bonus - My top 5 non-hip hip albums of 2013 (In no order)

[Image: 4e6c6fb2.jpg]
DAFT PUNK - RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY

[Image: CarcassSurgicalSteel.png]
CARCASS - SURGICAL STEEL

[Image: Exivious-Liminal-800x800.jpg]
EXIVIOUS - LIMINAL

[Image: Gorguts-Colored-Sands.jpg]
GORGUTS - COLORED SANDS

[Image: Anciients-Heart-of-Oak.jpg]
ANCIIENTS - HEART OF OAK

Thats about it for me. What were YOUR top hip hop albums or non-hip hop albums of the year??
i love these yearly topics. hehee  you listen to a lot of different stuff.
Damn dude, you must not do anything other than listen to music lol. I haven't heard many full albums this year but one you don't have is Flying Colours by Shad. Fucking amazing piece of art.
My List includes:

R.A the Rugged man - Legends Never Die
Rittz - Life and times of johnny valiant
Hopsin - Knock madness
Serial Killers (self titled)
Tech N9ne - Therapy
Horseshoe Gang - Top Ramen N*gga
Necro & Kool G Rap -The Godfathers
Reks - Revolution Cocktail
Ugly Heroes (self titled)
(01-02-2014, 01:49 PM)ThaHolyChronic link Wrote:Damn dude, you must not do anything other than listen to music lol. I haven't heard many full albums this year but one you don't have is Flying Colours by Shad. Fucking amazing piece of art.

LOL i listen to music whenever i get a chance to like everyone else haha

btw, i never actually listened to the new shad album but gonna check it out later this weekend
Just for the hell of it I'll list my favorite albums/tapes of 2013, I'd almost bet most of you could guess my list

in the  1-3 slot in no order
Top Ramen
MTM Vol 1
MTM Vol 2

and in 4 and 5 respectively
Apex Predator
#GetToKnowMe

The only other album that got any play was MMLP2 and it really didn't have anything for me to come back to

Defective Crooked I Robot
@g-kal2010 You know good music homie! Nice touch by including the top 5 non hip hop albums. Carcass and Gorguts are both nasty. One of my friends recently filled in for the drummer of Dismemberement when they played with Gorguts. I didn't realize there were some metal heads here!
(01-03-2014, 03:25 PM)©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link Wrote:@g-kal2010 You know good music homie! Nice touch by including the top 5 non hip hop albums. Carcass and Gorguts are both nasty. One of my friends recently filled in for the drummer of Dismemberement when they played with Gorguts. I didn't realize there were some metal heads here!

I come from a family of musicians and diverse music listeners. My dad's side of the fam were into jazz, r&b, hip hop and new wave. Mom's side of the fam were into folk, classical, rock and metal. This largely explains my broad taste in music. Now how i got into the more heavier, more extreme bands like carcass and gorguts, my cousins on my mom side. They grew up in a era of metal music when sub-genres like death metal and other forms of extreme metal first came into existence i.e. listening to and even playing the music of celtic frost, bathory, death, morbid angel, early gorguts, possessed and so on. I just happened to grow up being really receptive to everything that i was being exposed to haha

Variety in my music collection/playlist is particularly important to me.

Overall, good to see im not the only one here who appreciates gorguts Smile
Only been 2 albums I've really enjoyed this year:

R.A. The Rugged Man (Legends Never Die)
This album is absolutely brilliant and definitely worth waiting so long for it. Could actually be one of my favourite albums ever. People know what R.A. is capable of but I still don't think he gets the props he deserves.

Hopsin (Knock Madness)
Have really got into Hopsin this year and have mainly been listening to his other albums this year too. I know people think he can be quite corny but I think there's no denying he's got skills and his flow is more on point than the majority of rappers out there. Another album that was a long time coming and didn't disappoint.

Eminem (MMLP2) was good but not amazing. Disappointed it didn't have the Slaughterhouse feature people were expecting

Have only just got Pusha T (My Name Is My Name) so haven't really got into it that much. Definitely sounds good but think it needs a few more listens from me.

Will be checking out the Tech N9ne albums people have mentioned. Am only just starting to realise how good he is from features on R.A.'s and Hopsin's albums aswell as Apex Predator. Think I will work backwards through his discography

Wish I could have said Apex Predator as Crook is classing it as his debut album but although it was good I think he has released quite a few better projects in the past.

Funny how what a lot of people, other websites and the industry in general have classed as classics and albums of the year haven't even been mentioned - Kendrick Lamar (Good Kid M.A.A.D. City) and J Cole (Born Sinner). And Kanye with Yeezus, I can't even comment cos the man infuriates me so much with his ludicrous claims and arrogance that I refuse to listen to it.

The albums I have been listening to in no specific order

Life Outside The Frame - Paranom & Purpose
The Sickle & The Sword - RA Scion & Rodney Hazard
Marshall Mathers LP 2 - Eminem
Dark City Part 3: Skyscraper Ships - Jon Murdock
The Psychic World of Walter Reed - Killah Priest
Unconscious State - Jon Connor
Golden Era Music Sciences - 7 G.E.M.S.
Beautiful Raw - Qwel & Maker
King Remembered in Time - Big Krit
Born Sinner - J. Cole
Something Else - Tech N9ne