Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Horseshoe Gang "Knocking On Rap's Door" Thread (Now Available)
Any word if this ever coming out soon?
Miss the monthly series
(05-02-2015, 04:53 PM)ehbunner link Wrote:[quote author=frisch213 link=topic=8359.msg305672#msg305672 date=1430505162]
whats going on with this project? any news?
Seriously! I don't get this whole announce a near finished project(snippets and it's from a group who can clearly make a full project in weeks) and then just not mention it or give any sort of update on it for over 6 months. It's a shame because it really feels like it could end up lost to time and there was quite a number of tracks off those snippets I'd love to hear

Kind of hoping someone comes in here with some info I've missed from their twitter or Youtube series
[/quote]

Where can we listen to snippets for the album?
MMV12
They're releasing the Knocking On Raps Door EP on July 24th as a prelude to the album (still due to come out this year according to Horseshoe Gang themselves on their #AskShoeGang Q&A via Facebook).

Tracklist:
1. Fist Pump Music” (Produced by DJ Khalil)
2. Boom Boom Bang” (Produced by Tabu)
3. On The Phone Talking Shit” ft. KXNG CROOKED (Produced by Aktive)
4. The Summers Mine” ft. K-Young & Kobe Honeycutt (Produced by Aktive)
5. F.O.E (Family Over Everything)” ft. Royce Da 5’9 (Produced by Jonathan Elkaer & Tabu)
6. Praying to get Dissed (Acapella)”

You can pre order the EP on iTunes now.
(07-02-2015, 02:20 AM)Dimos link Wrote:They're releasing the Knocking On Raps Door EP on July 24th as a prelude to the album (still due to come out this year according to Horseshoe Gang themselves on their #AskShoeGang Q&A via Facebook).

Tracklist:
1. Fist Pump Music” (Produced by DJ Khalil)
2. Boom Boom Bang” (Produced by Tabu)
3. On The Phone Talking Shit” ft. KXNG CROOKED (Produced by Aktive)
4. The Summers Mine” ft. K-Young & Kobe Honeycutt (Produced by Aktive)
5. F.O.E (Family Over Everything)” ft. Royce Da 5’9 (Produced by Jonathan Elkaer & Tabu)
6. Praying to get Dissed (Acapella)”

You can pre order the EP on iTunes now.

Wasn't the EP supposed to be called Shoes Make History though? Don't know why they changed the name. I kind of assumed they gave up putting out a full length album and will only drop the 6 songs instead. I never watched the Q&A as novice fans always ask the same questions over and over again and it gets annoying.
(07-02-2015, 07:20 AM)SuperSpider link Wrote:Wasn't the EP supposed to be called Shoes Make History though? Don't know why they changed the name. I kind of assumed they gave up putting out a full length album and will only drop the 6 songs instead. I never watched the Q&A as novice fans always ask the same questions over and over again and it gets annoying.

Didn't know they had this ask the fans think going on until this announcement about the EP. I think it's kind of cool many "novice" fans are asking questions on there, shows their listeners base is expanding. I think someone asked the question about the EP name and they just implied they had dropped that "Shoes Make History" title.
Updated initial post with pre-order link and tracklist.

Can't wait for this!
Can't believe I installed itunes just to listen to these snippets and there aren't even any snippets SMH, anyway I can tell a few of the songs I have been looking forward to are on this track, by the names of them I feel like the track that had Kenny spitting over the beat that plays in the back of the video they put up when they signed to SMH records won't be on this.

Either way hyped for the summers mine and whatever else happens to be on there
 Defective Crooked I Robot
  Holy shit Kenny's verse on Boom Boom Bang! How many artists did he work into that? Even as someone who doesn't follow hip hop outside of HSG I recognized a good 10 not even including that dope line bout Hannah montana that he wove into a french montana reference

Anyway dope project just needed that song I mentioned above and it would have been 10/5 stars as it stands I give it a full six out of five stars
 Defective Crooked I Robot
This is dope. The first 2 songs are the best for me after a few listens. D Capone doing too much singing now though for my taste but other than that it's perfect. Well worth the money.