Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knocking on Raps Door Pushed Back + MMV10 this month
Just saw on the shoe gangs twitter that they announced that the album has been delayed to a later date and that Mixtape Monthly Vol 10 will come out this month

Personally I don't mind this news, getting Vol 10 is good with me, and I appreciate that this news isn't coming out the day before it's supposed to be released

I just hope it has nothing to do with Dice, I still have seen nothing saying why he wasn't on vol 9, while I can't even imagine a falling out happening in this group, stranger things have happened, although if I knew who in their own circle they were throwing shots at I would be able to write this off and just assume Dice was really sick last month

Didn't see this news on the site so I thought I'd put it up for anyone like me who missed this news

Any thoughts, comments, or general knowledge is appreciated
 Defective Crooked I Robot
Although this is troubling news, if it leads to better music / promotion for the album, this is a positive move. Besides how can fans be upset with MORE music!
(08-18-2014, 06:44 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:Although this is troubling news, if it leads to better music / promotion for the album, this is a positive move. Besides how can fans be upset with MORE music!

Pretty much, I would expect Vol 10 to drop the same week Knocking on Raps Door would have so it's not a huge loss, though I am eager to hear what sound and topics they are going to go with on the album, I'm cool with them taking the necessary time to do whatever it is to get a better album and/or promotion for it
I actually thought that they should have dropped at least 10 before releasing a full length project, just a better milestone in my opinion.
(08-18-2014, 10:38 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:I actually thought that they should have dropped at least 10 before releasing a full length project, just a better milestone in my opinion.

You know I actually never thought about 10 as a milestone, after they had dropped 3 or 4 volumes I had it in my head that they would do what everyone thought Crook should do, which is do the series for a year followed immediately by an album, but now that you mention it, 10 would work just as well

10 sounds like a nice number of volumes and if they released the album the following month, they would still be able to say they put out a full project every month for a year (top Ramen - MM1-10 - knocking on Raps Door)

Really not sure what I'll do for music once this series ends I've become really accustomed to there being a new project as I'm finishing up the last one

Whats going on with Dice, why wasnt he on the last mixtape?
(08-19-2014, 03:24 PM)Ivan Grgona link Wrote:Whats going on with Dice, why wasnt he on the last mixtape?

I wish someone could answer this, I'm sure it's something really mundane but it's just weird to me,  Only thing I can come up with is some major personal shit was going down in his life and he couldn't bring himself to come up with material

I'm also really interested in who they're talking about in "Watch these Niggas"

"Now everybody in my circle can't rap nigga
some of my niggas straight wack nigga
but they want their album out before mine
cause they want they own shine
hatin' on they own kind you betta watch that nigga"

This to me really doesn't sound like they're talking about dice, but I have no idea who they would be talking about, I originally didn't bring it up cause I didn't want to make a big deal out of something within the circle but I can't help but wonder who it is

Anyone who listens to other members of COB ever heard something that could be construed as a diss to shoe gang? Anyone have an album coming out, only one I know of is Niqle Nut but I'm sure there are more and I obviously know basically nothing of the inner workings of COB

Pretty sure this is going to be one of those unsolved mysteries of life, I just hope Dice is on the next project, in the long run that's all that matters cause while they can make whole tapes with a member missing and I don't even notice cause the music is just as dope as ever, it just wouldn't be Horseshoe Gang without all four of them
Volume 10 should drop tomorrow according to their twitter account
Yessir!

Be sure to visit DatPiff when it's made available or keep an eye on our home page for a link!
Drops in 3 hours xD

http://www.datpiff.com/Horseshoe-Gang-Mi...42347.html