Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Horseshoe Gang "Mixtape Monthly Vol. 10" Thread (Now Available)
From: http://www.thebossboard.com/article.php?..._-dfWPLKOI

[Image: hsg_mmv10_cover_2014.jpg]

Quote:Earlier in the month, the Horseshoe Gang excited their fans with their plans to continue their popular Mixape Monthly series. It has now been ten months and their latest installment Rappin' Doesn't Pay The Rent has now been made available. As with previous releases, this mixape is hosted by DJ Far and features all new music from C.O.B.'s four-headed monster. Readers who are interested in checking out the project can visit DatPiff to download or stream.

The Horseshoe Gang is also preparing to release their upcoming album Knocking On Rap's Door. Those who would like to learn more about that project should follow the group on Twitter for additional updates.

Track Listing

1. Mixtape Monthly Vol. 10 (Intro)
2. Pour My Heart Out
3. Failure
4. I Do Be Doobie Smokin'
5. Been Waitin' To Get Dissed
6. What You Know About
7. Bags By The Door
8. Losing Faith (Acapella)
9. This Is All We Do
10. Feelin' Ourselves
11. Sorry Fans

Download: http://www.datpiff.com/Horseshoe-Gang-Mi...42347.html
pouring my heart out was interesting, didn't know their was an older brother who rapped, just checked out Madman UNG website and no wonder they distanced themselves from him, he sounds ok but HSG and crooked are in a different league to their older bro..
(08-29-2014, 06:01 AM)frisch213 link Wrote:pouring my heart out was interesting, didn't know their was an older brother who rapped, just checked out Madman UNG website and no wonder they distanced themselves from him, he sounds ok but HSG and crooked are in a different league to their older bro..

Yeah, I had no idea there was another brother, and I had a feeling there had to be a limit to how many dope emcee's could come from one family, it's already amazing to me that there is 5 of the illest lyricists came from the same family

I really like concept of Sorry Fans but there is one thing about it, it's not like being a raiders fan, it's like being a fan of a fighter who gets in the ring, decimates their opponent for 12 rounds and then the judges give every round to the opponent who's in the corner a bloody pulp on their stool...You know, every fan knows who really won despite incompetent judges
 Defective Crooked I Robot
Young Boss

[Image: 33m51fn.png]
they made a song about mad man on story mode.
I've been trying to log on to TheBossBoard for the last 5 months but I forgot my password, Then I found an old piece of paper that had my password on it and it worked. I thought I would never get to log on here and speak about this Mixtape Monthly series. These guys are INCREDIBLE. Before MM we all knew how capable they were as MC's/Songwriters but this series has taken them to another level, to consistently put out incredible material/lyrics is quite a feat. 10 Mixtapes and they're all very creative and consistent. Much respect to the HSG.

I Hope that they continue the series for 12 months, I was very excited for the album "Knocking on Raps Door" But I was disappointed about the release date because I think they should do 12 Mixtape Monthlies and release the album a month or 2 later. I just think once you reach a certain point you have an expectation by fans once they realize you're a high caliber MC. I doubt Crooked intended on doing Hip-Hop Weekly for 1 year when he first started but eventually that became the expectation and Crook knew that. However, Crook failed in a sense because he didn't capitalize off of the exposure that series brought him. This series isn't giving the HSG the same exposure but it definitely is increasing their fan base. I would love to see them go for 1 full year and have Volume 12 potentially have 16-18 songs and be a huge COB promotional tape, it would be awesome if they had a collaboration with Crooked, Iceman, K-Young, One-2, etc. Don't get me wrong, COBZilla was awesome but if they put out a long mixtape and really promoted their album and put all of COB's artist on Volume 12 and almost made it a celebration I feel like that would really push the promotion for the album.

Pardon my rant but I haven't been able to log on here and I've been wanting to discuss this series with some COB/Treacherous fans, especially EFFeX. The part that truly disappoints me about the series is like I said, the HSG have gained SOME fans but I don't think it brought them the notoriety they thought it would when they first started the series. These dudes should be signed and be highly respected in the Hip-Hop community, but mainstream fans have no clue about these guys and your average Independent/Underground fans don't even know who they are. The fact that they can Out-Rap anyone on a Mic, They can sing and harmonize, They have incredible concepts and storytelling ability. They're incredible artists and I hope we get 12 volumes of the series. After that, I hope they put out the album quickly because from what I'm hearing it is going to be incredible, and I hope their will be physical copies. Props to HSG for all their hard work and now lets look forward to Vol. 11!
^^ I shed a tear inside every time I see the number of downloads/listens the monthlies have on Datpiff, shit is fucking criminal

They should have millions of downloads and the only explanation I can come up with is what they have to say isn't what most people want to hear, I don't know, they can be pretty raw but honestly I can't even wrap my head around being a fan of hip hop, hearing the shoe gang and being anything other than converted

It really does baffle me, but what can you do other than support it with your wallet and put anyone who might be interested onto their product
 Defective Crooked I Robot
(08-30-2014, 07:49 PM)ehbunner link Wrote:^^ I shed a tear inside every time I see the number of downloads/listens the monthlies have on Datpiff, shit is fucking criminal

They should have millions of downloads and the only explanation I can come up with is what they have to say isn't what most people want to hear, I don't know, they can be pretty raw but honestly I can't even wrap my head around being a fan of hip hop, hearing the shoe gang and being anything other than converted

It really does baffle me, but what can you do other than support it with your wallet and put anyone who might be interested onto their product
That is how i feel to, I let people listen to the HSG, and they like them, I don't know what it is, but everyone that listens are amazed. To be honest though, I think there are very few people who know what hip hop is about. Every song has to be able to be played in a strip club.  I don't get it really.

HSG music is great in my opinion and i will buy whatever they release, like i have always done.
I think I might say this every month but this has to be some of their best work ever. Failure, who I am, fuck it the whole tape top to bottom is superb.

Is there  a list of the beats they used?
(08-30-2014, 05:11 PM)509 Finest link Wrote:I've been trying to log on to TheBossBoard for the last 5 months but I forgot my password, Then I found an old piece of paper that had my password on it and it worked.

What's good bro? Good to have you back!

I agree with everyone's comments. I noticed the download count on Mixtape Monthly 10 when I was downloading it and it definitely upset me. I don't necessarily think the problem is with the music at this point, it might be creative marketing?

It seems that the Horseshoe Gang is able to gain a new fan as soon as they hear the music. The problem is convincing people to hear the music. I think most people say, "Why should I listen to this? What makes them any different? All rappers claim to be better than the other." These people would have a point too. I rarely listen to new artists these days and just stick to those that I am familiar with. I thought that the monthly mixtape series would be the right direction, but I guess that there are so many artists that have gone this route after Crooked I dropped Hip Hop Weekly. Perhaps we could brainstorm some additional ways to grab people's attention? I wish that I had as much time as I did when I first opened this web site to really give it a fresh new look and grab people's attention, but I am really busy these days. It will happen eventually though. You can count on that.

I was happy to see that the Shoe Gang is performing live on stage soon. Perhaps that is really what they need at this point is to connect with the fans and get exposure in the different communities. We'll see how it works out.