Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Horseshoe Gang "4 Brothers" Album Thread (Now Available)
https://soundcloud.com/seven13music/sets...brothers-1
Thanks frisch..  pretty much garbage album.. in my opinion... bury me and homeless life only decent 2 songs... and that's only because something I can relate to ... but homeless life is how they should make there songs. Just my opinion though.
The album is now available for purchase through all digital retailers!
(09-16-2016, 06:11 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:The album is now available for purchase through all digital retailers!

Waiting for my signed copy to arrive in the mail... I think Anti-Trap Muzik was a better album. There are some really good songs on there like "Coffin", "No School", "Bury Me", "Hyenas". "Hood High" is dope by they're not even on there (Crooked I's verse is fire though!), plus it sounds like it was recorded some time ago. The rest all sounds the same and boring hooks and beats. Maybe it will grow on me but right now I find it very disappointing.
(07-19-2016, 06:08 AM)SuperSpider link Wrote:Hopefully it doesn't end up being straight up garbage like the last one.

I called it back in July  Big Grin
So, I listened to the album a few time back to back now and got to say that I'm loving it. I love the subject matter on this one and how introspective it is. The guys really open up on this one. Of course the bars are dope too, but what really stood out was how many different kinds of flows they used this time around. I'd say that this project was all about diversity. You had the smooth and self reflective songs like "No Skool", "Coffins" and "Homeless Life" to raw joints like "Hyenas". The crew even through in a few potential commercial bangers like "I'm Chillin".

Personally, I've always been a fan of the Shoe Gang smoother joints, so this album is a no brainer for me. Going to be keeping this in rotation for a minute.

If I had to criticize anything on it. There's something not right with the mixing. I thought that the vocals were a little quiet on some tracks and I felt that the beats sounded a little muddy at times. I only noticed this because COB projects all have the cleanest and strongest quality. Maybe I'm tripping, but this one sounded different. Maybe it was the sound they were going for. Doesn't kill the experience, just something I noticed.
bought the album and can't believe how average this is, i'm pretty gutted to be honest. no stand out songs at all. If i could sum it up i would just say it's too soft for them, i wanna hear harder songs if that makes sense.
  Quite a number of songs on this that I can't get enough of, Bury Me is Dope, not a bad track on here for me, not necessarily my favorite Shoe Gang project ever, but I don't find it to be a weak project by any means
 Defective Crooked I Robot
(09-26-2016, 06:37 PM)ehbunner link Wrote:  Quite a number of songs on this that I can't get enough of, Bury Me is Dope, not a bad track on here for me, not necessarily my favorite Shoe Gang project ever, but I don't find it to be a weak project by any means

Agreed. I like how the group has been able to branch out into different styles. Yeah, we all love the verbal onslaught of bar after bar after bar. Sometimes you want to hear a well constructed song though and I think they did a great job of that on this one.
I received my copy yesterday in the mail. Mastering is pretty poor at that, anyone noticed?