Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Music] Slaughterhouse - "Chopping Block"
From: http://www.thebossboard.com/2017/06/slau...ing-block/

It has been a long time coming, but the four headed monster has finally resurfaced and is now blessing fans with new music. That’s right, Slaughterhouse is back on the scene and has unleashed their new song Chopping Block from Royce Da 5’9″‘s The Bar Exam 4mixtape. Needless to say, both the track and the project itself are representations of lyricism at it’s finest. What more can we say about Slaughterhouse that has never been said before? Prepare for an overdose of dope emceeing and check this one out now!

Stream: https://soundcloud.com/royceda59/choppin...hter-house
question is, is this new or was it originally planned for glass house?
It's a good question. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer to that.

Initially, I was pretty sure that it was brand new, but then someone else posed that question to me and now I'm second guessing.
I'm thinking this is strictly mixtape material due to the production and simplicity of the hook.... track is dope but more reminiscent of the stuff they started dropping after first forming the group as opposed to the gimmicky album stuff we were given later on.
(06-20-2017, 10:25 PM)AJC3317 Wrote: question is, is this new or was it originally planned for glass house?

(06-22-2017, 03:30 PM)Snake Eyez Wrote: I'm thinking this is strictly mixtape material due to the production and simplicity of the hook.... track is dope but more reminiscent of the stuff they started dropping after first forming the group as opposed to the gimmicky album stuff we were given later on.

I agree with you in the case of this particular song being a mixtape cut.

However, I do remember Slaughterhouse saying in multiple interviews that Glass House was going to be a return to their original sound (the first album and all the tracks leading up to it). So, I think that the album would have sounded more like the self-titled project. Really wish we hear it one day.
joey's talking at the end of the track makes it sound new, but he probably could have been saying similar things around the time they were recording glass house