Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name a rapper that you think....
Should retire and leave rappin alone?
I think probaly Dr Dre after hearing a few of his cameos on the Eminem tracks. I know he is semi retired anyway, but if Detox isnt up to scrath after all this hype and all these years, then its gonna ruin his credibility.

Definately Snoop Dogg, I dont really consider him a rapper anymore, just some pop/tv figure. He's doing himself no favours with his recent albums.

Ive gone down the 'old' rappers route that I used to rate, but there's hundreds who have never hit the heights that should clear off. Too many to name.
tbh, dre gets his bars written for him, ut production is still top notch
every rapper on the radio
i heard crooked i on the radi.....
(06-09-2009, 08:37 AM)PublicEnemyNo2 link Wrote:I think probaly Dr Dre after hearing a few of his cameos on the Eminem tracks. I know he is semi retired anyway, but if Detox isnt up to scrath after all this hype and all these years, then its gonna ruin his credibility.

Definately Snoop Dogg, I dont really consider him a rapper anymore, just some pop/tv figure. He's doing himself no favours with his recent albums.

Ive gone down the 'old' rappers route that I used to rate, but there's hundreds who have never hit the heights that should clear off. Too many to name.

Speaking of Em.....I say him after that last album!  I don't know how he can be that talented, and not know this album was NOT what his fans, or rap in general needed.  I don't mind Dre on the mic because he usually sounds decent and has a well written verse. 
Others include Snoop, Jay Z, all of Wu Tang (except RZA's production) and a lot of southern artists!
(06-09-2009, 12:30 PM)Akademic link Wrote:[quote author=PublicEnemyNo2 link=topic=948.msg256275#msg256275 date=1244551046]
I think probaly Dr Dre after hearing a few of his cameos on the Eminem tracks. I know he is semi retired anyway, but if Detox isnt up to scrath after all this hype and all these years, then its gonna ruin his credibility.

Speaking of Em.....I say him after that last album!  I don't know how he can be that talented, and not know this album was NOT what his fans, or rap in general needed.  I don't mind Dre on the mic because he usually sounds decent and has a well written verse. 
Others include Snoop, Jay Z, all of Wu Tang (except RZA's production) and a lot of southern artists!
[/quote]

IMO Em just releasing the wrong style of music, whether it's because thats what the execs are making him drop(I think this is the case) or he thinks thats what the fans want...The reason I say this, is the 2 bonus tracks and two songs on his album are good and listenable, not lyrical on crooks level but 10x the rapper lil wayne is IMHO

If he released a whole album like My Darling, Deja Vu, Beautiful, and Careful What You Wish For I think it would be heat...all of these songs lack the corny shit IMO, there songs that are about his struggle with drugs and don't have stupid lines through out them like 3 am talking about jerking off to hannah montana

The microphone freestyle was alot better then the material on the album too, but Maybe it's just me who thinks a whole album of em like this would be good, I just can't fathom how you can release an album where the two bonus tracks are better then the entire album!
 Defective Crooked I Robot
you know IMO i think that em was just being em his style has always been completely different from cd to cd it always seems like he changes it up this cd was no different he had several of different style songs plus the guy has been through a hell of alot these recent years so that might have also affected his music
Orrrr maybe he just fell off and should retire before he continues to tarnish his legacy.
(06-09-2009, 01:20 PM)alphabet link Wrote:Orrrr maybe he just fell off and should retire before he continues to tarnish his legacy.

maybe he did but i think that his legacy is pretty much set in stone no one can ever take away what he has accomplished being a multi-platinum selling rapper and being white at the same time he still spills ill verses but let me stress so alphabet doesn't get mad its just My Opinion.