Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name a rapper that you think....
I think definitely 50 Cent And G-unit. Also, all the wack rappers E.g. soulja boy, flo rida and lil wayne.
(06-09-2009, 01:20 PM)alphabet link Wrote:Orrrr maybe he just fell off and should retire before he continues to tarnish his legacy.

Did you listen to the songs I mentioned or just the main songs?Also did you ever like Eminem? lol that would also be a factor

They are just so different
I find em so corny on all the other tracks but when he's talking about relapsing and the devil talking to him, or people bothering him and fame not being like he envisioned I can bump his tracks

But...Insane,My Mom,3 Am, We Made You,Crack A bottle, ect between the stupid accents and corny subject matter I can't purchase an album like that...

I really want an album thats filled with songs like those ones so I can purchase it and show that theres a demand for ems music but when it's 90% corny and the bonus tracks are the good songs, I can't support that and let the labels think thats what the fans want

I should note that those songs speak to me, I used to be a drug addict and even two years later there are days where its hard to not relapse and Im not around drugs either
 Defective Crooked I Robot
I listened to every Relapse song released multiple times, yes the bonus tracks were better but they were still nothing amazing. The only song to come out of Relapse that I really like is Deja Vu, the rest is forgettable. And I am a huge fan of Eminem's first 3 albums, but unlike most of his "fans", I am prepared to admit that he just doesn't have it anymore and by sticking around all he's doing is tarnishing his legacy with mediocre bullshit. 
(06-09-2009, 03:00 PM)alphabet link Wrote:I listened to every Relapse song released multiple times, yes the bonus tracks were better but they were still nothing amazing. The only song to come out of Relapse that I really like is Deja Vu, the rest is forgettable. And I am a huge fan of Eminem's first 3 albums, but unlike most of his "fans", I am prepared to admit that he just doesn't have it anymore and by sticking around all he's doing is tarnishing his legacy with mediocre bullshit. 

Cool, fair enough, glad your not the type to speak on something you haven't fully listened to, I figured you weren't that type anyway tho

Sounds like the songs I liked just related to me more as the three are about drugs and careful what you wish for is about becoming famous and I guess you could say I have dreams of becoming famous(in a diff industry of course but can relate to that idea)and having no time for yourself

So my stance on Em is basically, If he keeps releasing these songs I can relate to and are not corny(IMO) then keep doing his thing for the fans that appreciate it and if not then retire because Im hypocritical and his other music is garbage Tongue
 Defective Crooked I Robot
(06-09-2009, 03:00 PM)alphabet link Wrote:And I am a huge fan of Eminem's first 3 albums

thats laughable you are a fan of an artist album and not the artist himself and the second that artist falls from your expectation "he fell off"? really there is no other option in their head like "like hmm? he had a bad album"  i guess not well you have spoken eminem is officially a crappy rapper and if he makes another album it will officially bomb.
i have liked all of eminems albums so far, even though encore seemed more of a mixtape
(06-09-2009, 03:00 PM)alphabet link Wrote:I listened to every Relapse song released multiple times, yes the bonus tracks were better but they were still nothing amazing. The only song to come out of Relapse that I really like is Deja Vu, the rest is forgettable. And I am a huge fan of Eminem's first 3 albums, but unlike most of his "fans", I am prepared to admit that he just doesn't have it anymore and by sticking around all he's doing is tarnishing his legacy with mediocre bullshit. 

Very well put.  The only thing I will say is, lyrically he still has the skill... I THINK.  However, he just isn't showing it.  To me it almost seemed like he intentionally didn't make a good record. 
(06-09-2009, 11:11 AM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:i heard crooked i on the radi.....

what kind of radio do you got lol
(06-09-2009, 09:22 PM)ogtripleg87 link Wrote:[quote author=alphabet link=topic=948.msg256326#msg256326 date=1244574059]
And I am a huge fan of Eminem's first 3 albums

thats laughable you are a fan of an artist album and not the artist himself and the second that artist falls from your expectation "he fell off"? really there is no other option in their head like "like hmm? he had a bad album"  i guess not well you have spoken eminem is officially a crappy rapper and if he makes another album it will officially bomb.
[/quote]

I put Encore down to "just a bad album" but after taking a 5 year hiatus and returning to release this, to me it's evident that Eminem just doesn't have it anymore, he fell off. His lyrical skill is non-existent on Relapse and his flow and accents are wack.

I don't know what else to say but when you release SSLP, MMLP & TES all in 4 or so years and then come out after that and release Encore and Relapse over a 6 year period, you fell the fuck off.
after listeing to fire from crooked in the lasst years, yes it wont compare, but i liked it Smile.