Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name a rapper that you think....
(06-10-2009, 10:34 AM)alphabet link Wrote:[quote author=ogtripleg87 link=topic=948.msg256353#msg256353 date=1244596935]
[quote author=alphabet link=topic=948.msg256326#msg256326 date=1244574059]
And I am a huge fan of Eminem's first 3 albums

thats laughable you are a fan of an artist album and not the artist himself and the second that artist falls from your expectation "he fell off"? really there is no other option in their head like "like hmm? he had a bad album"  i guess not well you have spoken eminem is officially a crappy rapper and if he makes another album it will officially bomb.
[/quote]

I put Encore down to "just a bad album" but after taking a 5 year hiatus and returning to release this, to me it's evident that Eminem just doesn't have it anymore, he fell off. His lyrical skill is non-existent on Relapse and his flow and accents are wack.

I don't know what else to say but when you release SSLP, MMLP & TES all in 4 or so years and then come out after that and release Encore and Relapse over a 6 year period, you fell the fuck off.
[/quote]

I see what your saying but the question I still have after the bonus tracks and two good songs on the album is;

Has Em lost it, or does the label execs have a diff vision of what they think sells, I have a feeling em knows this music isn't going to give him a great legacy, but the labels think it will sell so the best he could get was 2 songs that seem from the heart (if you will) on the album and 2 bonus tracks

If Em thinks that music is good then I agree he has fallen off and can only stubble on good songs I guess but I just can't see it

and his good songs may not be pieces of art like Crooks music but his good songs have meaning behind them and are not bad lyrically and thats all my music needs
 Defective Crooked I Robot
you act like he isn't even a person and has some sort of fucking expiration date on him if thats the way you feel then you were a fan of his albums and not the person as a whole what pisses me off is that you are soo easy to write the guy off for not meeting your set of expectations with the only proof to how you estimate your justifications that "he fell off" by saying that most of the cd was garbage ill agree with you the cd was not up to par with the eminem i became a fan of which was mmlp and so on but in the freestyles ive heard and like akademic stated  lyrically he still has it and to me it seems that that is proof enough that he hasn't fallen off and when you say that what the hell do you mean anyway do you mean he fell off being the number one rapper or that he fell off of being some mainstream propaganda go ahead speak for yourself but dont make a general statement like its some sort of fact i was being nice when i gave you credit and said yea thats your opinion and heres mine i was waiting when you would grow up and say well guys this is my opinion and give your example of why you think so and then drop the discussion their i have vented and givin my opinion on why your a little kid.
(06-11-2009, 09:46 PM)ogtripleg87 link Wrote:you act like he isn't even a person and has some sort of fucking expiration date on him if thats the way you feel then you were a fan of his albums and not the person as a whole what pisses me off is that you are soo easy to write the guy off for not meeting your set of expectations with the only proof to how you estimate your justifications that "he fell off" by saying that most of the cd was garbage ill agree with you the cd was not up to par with the eminem i became a fan of which was mmlp and so on but in the freestyles ive heard and like akademic stated  lyrically he still has it and to me it seems that that is proof enough that he hasn't fallen off and when you say that what the hell do you mean anyway do you mean he fell off being the number one rapper or that he fell off of being some mainstream propaganda go ahead speak for yourself but dont make a general statement like its some sort of fact i was being nice when i gave you credit and said yea thats your opinion and heres mine i was waiting when you would grow up and say well guys this is my opinion and give your example of why you think so and then drop the discussion their i have vented and givin my opinion on why your a little kid.

What do you want me to do? Upload a video of me crying when I say it? But ok sure, if it makes you feel better then yes, I was never a fan of Eminem, just his albums. Happy? And you act like I "wrote him off" overnight, no I slowly wrote him off over the last 6 years. But I'm sorry if I'm not as emotionally attached to him as you are.

And you say that my only justification for saying that he fell off is the fact that I (and you) thought his album was weak, well that's a whole lot stronger than you trying to justify he didn't by pointing out some mediocre 2 minute "freestyle".

And obviously it's just my opinion, do I really have to put a disclaimer at the end of every post?
I think Snoop should drop one more album at the very least and then probably pull the plug, that is unless he TRULY shocks me on the next project. I was a huge Snoop fan back in the day (as many of us were), it doesn't matter if I'm a Crooked fan or not. I just think that he is totally destroying his legacy album after album. The reason why I say give him one more album is that he shows signs of life every few tracks. Maybe he'll give us a gem, I don't know. Time will tell.

I also agree with Jay Z. Look, I'm a huge Jay Z fan. I think he's one of the best to have done it, but lately he has disappointed me and to be honest he's been very hit or miss since he came out of "retirement". I think that although he dropped some great songs since he came back, I don't regard him the same as I used to. You can hear it in his flow and lyrics, he's not the same Jay we heard when The Black Album dropped. I'm not saying he's washed up, I just think that he should probably step away from the mic before he completely ruins his legacy.

To be honest, I don't really care if a rapper keeps spitting or doesn't, I just won't listen anymore if I'm not feeling them. The only rappers that I care about retiring are the one's that I've cared about at one point in my life. I'd rather see them go out in a positive way then be boo'd off stage from dropping flop after flop.
no need for tears i guess i just have a different perspective on how i view music it is not just an entertainment thing for me music helped me through some tough times but even i got a little heated so i apologize id just rather drop it then go on and get this thread locked up
That's just it, Music is highly subjective, Em still makes songs I can relate to, I wish his whole album would be that quality, because who can relate to him when he is spitting all those corny rhymes with the dumb accent but you can't knock someone for what they like(this is not directed at anyone in particular just putting it out there) If Club music is what makes your day that bit better, rock out to your club music, So really no artist should retire until they are ready, or no one is buying their music...even if it tarnishes their legacy in our eyes

Maybe change the subject being discussed to

"What Artist You No Longer Wish To Hear From?"
 Defective Crooked I Robot
(06-12-2009, 05:08 PM)ehbunner link Wrote:That's just it, Music is highly subjective, Em still makes songs I can relate to, I wish his whole album would be that quality, because who can relate to him when he is spitting all those corny rhymes with the dumb accent but you can't knock someone for what they like(this is not directed at anyone in particular just putting it out there) If Club music is what makes your day that bit better, rock out to your club music, So really no artist should retire until they are ready, or no one is buying their music...even if it tarnishes their legacy in our eyes

Maybe change the subject being discussed to

"What Artist You No Longer Wish To Hear From?"

my answer would still be every rapper on the radio lol
(06-13-2009, 10:01 AM)ThaHolyChronic link Wrote:my answer would still be every rapper on the radio lol

Agreed. 99% of what is played on the radio is GARBAGE. I could name a bunch of artists that should retire yesterday... but since I don't have time to sit and list them all, the ones I have to put are Lil Wayne and Drake.
(06-13-2009, 07:49 PM)soon 2 b Mrs EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=ThaHolyChronic link=topic=948.msg256546#msg256546 date=1244901675]

my answer would still be every rapper on the radio lol
Drake.
[/quote]

hes a disgrace to canada
I personally think Snoop Dogg should consider retiring soon. Whenever he tries something new it sounds awful, like his pimp act on Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told or his R&B act on R&G Rythem & Gangsta. Whenever he returns to his Doggystyle flow and method it sounds great, like No Limit Top Dogg & Blue Carpet Treatment. After Ego Trippin', I'm not sure what he's trying to pull off. But at least his albums are released as announced though Tongue.